Work Permit For My Future Non-Thai Wife

I am on an annual retirement extension and I plan to marry my non-Thai GF in the near future. She is under 40 and wants to work in Thailand. Will she be able to get a work permit even though her visa will be given based my retirement extension?

Thanks in advance

Not sure, about this. On a retirement visa you are not allowed to work, don't know if that also goes for someone who is depenend on you.

But of course she might qualify for a non-B visa and perhaps extensions of stay from immigration.

Not sure, about this. On a retirement visa you are not allowed to work, don't know if that also goes for someone who is depenend on you.

But of course she might qualify for a non-B visa and perhaps extensions of stay from immigration.

Interesting question...

my thought would be that the OP is issued the "O" based on retirement and the incumbent wife would be issued an 'O" based on being a dependent, so the issue of her visa would not be based on retirement because if it was she wouldnt qualify ie being under 50....so in theroy at least she should be able to get a WP based on dependant O visa

But of course as stated above, if she finds a job...the Non-imm B route may the easiest way to go in practice

Yes, I am aware of the Retirement Visa work exclusion (which I am more than happy to comply with) that is why I was asking whether my future wife who is Chinese would have the same work exclusion even though she is well under 50.

I'll have to research what a non-B Visa is.

Dependent visas, either on a retirement visa or on a working foreign spouse, are not eligible for work permits. If your future wife wishes to work she would have to obtain a non-b and work permit through her employer

Thanks even though that wasn't the answer we were hoping for. :)

Edited by vagabond48