Visa Run From Koh Kood Or Trat To Cambodia

locke

Hi, does anyone have details of visa run to the nearest Cambodian border to either Trat or Koh Kood/Ko Kut? I have a non O visa and was thinking of going to Koh Kood for a holiday and then before returning to Bangkok, cross the border into Cambodia briefly for another 90 days visa. I will be passing through Trat on the way back to Bangkok. I have no transport so will use buses/mini vans, but if anyone knows, please inform of best/nearest border crossing and how to get there - including journey times if known, border opening times and any important details. Many thanks.

first catch a bus to Trat. Many buses from Eakamai and Morchit2

Stay there,downtown, for one night. I know one of them,accommodations, Bann Jai Dee 250-300 near the OLD French Military Compound.

A Thai Lady has a Farang hubby is looking after the place. Her hubby owns a book shop near there. She can give you a lot of info. please talk to her for the more uptodated info. she is very helpful.....

You can walk around you will find others too.

minibus Thai style from the bus station to downtown B20

usually there will be only a few services in the morning from Trat - Koh Kood. none of them will do after maybe 13.00 pm

I paid B500 include the mini bus Thai style ,pick up service from Trat - Pier.

Or a bigger boat B400 roughly all inclusive.

On Koh Kood. You need to pay minibus Thai style to go around the island. I piad B50 to Bann Pai.

and shared room with two bed B150. but there was no one else in my room.

2 years ago dude!

Koh Kood: If you want to go the quick way, have it arranged by the owner of Pop Guesthouse (the first gauesthouse on the little road along the river in Trat). If you like a nicer, more relaxed way of travelling you might want to go the slow way (we usually do), by taking the freightboat (converted fishingboat) from Leang Gnop. On this one you can also bring your own motocy, which gives you freedom of movement on Koh Kood. Motocy's can be rented in many places in Trat.

Also, it's easy to travel to Hat Lek from Trat. You can take the minibus (in front of the market), they leave in the morning when full, just get there early (there are several runs in the morning). After doing "the business" on the Cambodian side you can take the minibus back to Trat again. There might be some waiting involved since they too, leave when full. All at reasonable rates, if I remember correctly.

Alternatively you can take your rented motocy to the border. 'Ít's about 100 km, so make sure you rent a good one! This is the way I do it myself, but then again I have a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, live in Trat, and let my wife guard the motocy while I go across.

Anyway, Dunkin's suggestion is a good one: The Thai wife of the French bookseller knows all the ins and outs, and she has fair English to boot!