Importing A Golf Cart

Royspurs

After hearing all the horror stories about importing cars and motorcycles into Thailand I was wondering if its the same when you import a golf cart or is something like that classified as a part of your regular belongings?

I will be moving to Thailand in the next year or two so will be bringing a container of household items and was going to bring a golf cart, good idea, any experiences to share??

thanks in advance Roy

Hello Roy. I wanted to do exactly the same thing about 10 years ago when I too shipped a container to my home here in Sa Kaeo. I used a Thai shipping agent and was advised to NOT include the golf cart. At one point I was very tempted to attach a reel lawnmower to my cart and insist it was a "riding mower":lol: . I didn't do that but I should have , in retrospect. My container was shipped direct to my front door and was never opened and my lock and seals were still in place.

Hello Roy. I wanted to do exactly the same thing about 10 years ago when I too shipped a container to my home here in Sa Kaeo. I used a Thai shipping agent and was advised to NOT include the golf cart. At one point I was very tempted to attach a reel lawnmower to my cart and insist it was a "riding mower":lol: . I didn't do that but I should have , in retrospect. My container was shipped direct to my front door and was never opened and my lock and seals were still in place.

Hhhmmm, interesting and I assume that as there is not need to register, correct? that if you get it that far your home and dry?

Thanks jcgodber,

Anyone think differently?