Academic To Press Charges Against Yingluck For Trying To Seek Amnesty For Thaksin

webfact

Academic to Press Charges against Thaksin's Sister

post-327-0-59421500-1307339197_thumb.jpg

A former member of the committee investigating deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's assets planned to press charges against his younger sister, the Pheu Thai Party's prime ministerial candidate, for trying to seek amnesty for him.

Former Assets Examination Committee member Kaewsan Atiphoti stated that he will file charges against the Pheu Thai Party's prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra for attempting to seek amnesty for her brother Thaksin Shinawatra.

He said his purpose is to urge the Department of Special Investigation to take legal action against Yingluck as she was involved in the Shin Corp share concealment case but no lawsuits have been filed against share nominees, including Yingluck.

Kaewsan went on to say the reason he is acting now during the election period is that Pheu Thai plans to seek amnesty for Thaksin for all criminal charges he faces if it heads the new government.

He noted that his group will hold a press conference on the issue at Parliament tomorrow and will publicize related documents on Facebook.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-06-06

footer_n.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the impression she was the spokesperson for her party and that it was her party that had offered to seek amnesty for ALL involved back to a certain date, NOT just for her brother? I would presume the amnesty would be for all parties that were involved in any misconduct, including those that were not involved with any parties.

I was under the impression she was the spokesperson for her party and that it was her party that had offered to seek amnesty for ALL involved back to a certain date, NOT just for her brother? I would presume the amnesty would be for all parties that were involved in any misconduct, including those that were not involved with any parties.

Except Abhisit and Suthep ...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/29/national/Yingluck-vows-to-implement-mega-projects-dams-30156489.html

Meanwhile, senior Pheu Thai Party figure Chalerm Yoobamrung said that if the party wins, it would not exact revenge against all parties, except Abhisit and Suthep Thaugsuban, who he believed were responsible for the deaths of 92

But that doesn't change the fact that Yingluck is "trying to seek amnesty for Thaksin".

And she is more than just "the spokesperson for her party". She is the PM candidate.

It's a shame that a disinterested, dispassionate justice system wouldn't have already indicted those persons who perjured themselves in Thaksin's trial. It's a sad commentary on this country that the public must serve this function, which only breeds ill will and antagonism.

I didn't think she had a chance of winning this election, but some people and parties seem to be getting genuinely worried that she may win...

I am one that thinks she will go close to winning this election, along with Kaewsan Atiphoti, the guy that wants to file charges against her, because he is obviously worried that she has a chance.

It is the party which is trying to seek amnesty for all politicians not only for Thaksin....in which case the authorities or should I say the Army and the Democrat party have to ban the PT party if found guilty....amazing Thailand..Deja Vu... :bah:

It is the party which is trying to seek amnesty for all politicians not only for Thaksin....in which case the authorities or should I say the Army and the Democrat party have to ban the PT party if found guilty....amazing Thailand..Deja Vu... :bah:

Yeah what chuang and I said.

" file charges .... for attempting to seek amnesty "

Someone is challenging his judgement and should be immediately prosecuted ...

But who the hell this guy think he is ?

Do you mean Thaksin? " I'm the law" is still the thinking of Thaksin (or Berlusconi)

I didn't think she had a chance of winning this election, but some people and parties seem to be getting genuinely worried that she may win...

I am one that thinks she will go close to winning this election, along with Kaewsan Atiphoti, the guy that wants to file charges against her, because he is obviously worried that she has a chance.

Come on guys, even if PTP wins this election, does anyone even remotely think Yinluck has a snowballs chance in Hell of being Prime Minister... she is not exactly the ideal candidate for that job.. have any of you guys met her... talked with her... tried to have any type of conversation with her... please if anyone has the power to do... arrange a face to face , on TV, live interview with Yinluck anf Abhisit , head to head on party manifesto... PTP Don,t have a manifesto... they have a man-in-dubai- fiasco.... But this is Amazing Thailand. But I think I did hear her say Free Botox for all Thai ladies....

Who owns er funds the party?

Who decrees the line-up?

Who is in self imposed exile on the run from a jail term? The others are just collateral assets to HIS desires for an amnesty.

It is a matter of curiosity to me that Thai hi-so commit the most obvious and outrageous crimes without charges being laid, whether because of influence being applied or fear of retribution. The Thaksin clan are some of the most obvious offenders with their multiple shady share deals and dodging huge amounts of tax.

If the gent is in the position to file criminal charges, more power to him. I have a dream.........................the whole bloody tribe along with their staff dodging jail time in Dubai.

It is a matter of curiosity to me that Thai hi-so commit the most obvious and outrageous crimes without charges being laid, whether because of influence being applied or fear of retribution. The Thaksin clan are some of the most obvious offenders with their multiple shady share deals and dodging huge amounts of tax.

If the gent is in the position to file criminal charges, more power to him. I have a dream.........................the whole bloody tribe along with their staff dodging jail time in Dubai.

I think you are right he is dreaming, otherwise this would have happened a long time ago. He has been put up to it , as I said earlier they are a bit scared she may win the election. So why not try and tarnish her.

See what he say's at his press conference tomorrow at Parliament House.

Edited by OZEMADE

Thaksin’s Advisor Denies Amnesty Plot

The legal advisor to ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is preparing to file a lawsuit against Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva for saying that his client is hatching a four-step plot to seek amnesty.

Noppadon Pattama, legal advisor to self-exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said he is planning to file a lawsuit against Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva for saying during an interview that Thaksin has crafted a four-step plan to get amnesty for himself.

Noppadon denied the existence of such a plan and expressed astonishment over Abhisit’s comment.

He believes the issue was stirred up by the pro-Democrat media, which posed a misleading question.

Thaksin’s legal advisor insisted that this is not linked to the four-step plan previously mentioned by the People’s Alliance for Democracy and stated that the yellow-shirt group has already lost credibility due to internal conflicts.

Noppadon added that the prime minister should act ethically and refrain from making false accusations.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

I think you are right he is dreaming, otherwise this would have happened a long time ago. He has been put up to it , as I said earlier they are a bit scared she may win the election. So why not try and tarnish her.

It's not a matter of "trying to tarnish her", she has been found de-facto guilty of perjury already before the law. Her testimony in the civil case was deemed false. In any other country that trial would have been swiftly followed up with criminal charges of perjury. That was not the case here but it's still out there. For most would be politicos that would be enough of a disincentive, but not so for Thaksin.

Thaksin's Advisor Denies Amnesty Plot

The legal advisor to ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is preparing to file a lawsuit against Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva for saying that his client is hatching a four-step plot to seek amnesty.

Noppadon Pattama, legal advisor to self-exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said he is planning to file a lawsuit against Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva for saying during an interview that Thaksin has crafted a four-step plan to get amnesty for himself.

Noppadon denied the existence of such a plan and expressed astonishment over Abhisit's comment.

He believes the issue was stirred up by the pro-Democrat media, which posed a misleading question.

Thaksin's legal advisor insisted that this is not linked to the four-step plan previously mentioned by the People's Alliance for Democracy and stated that the yellow-shirt group has already lost credibility due to internal conflicts.

Noppadon added that the prime minister should act ethically and refrain from making false accusations.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Which news story is more true?

http://notthenation.com/2011/05/chalerm-promises-amnesty-to-pad-udd-and-anyone-who-shoots-a-cop-in-the-face/

Tarnish? since when is pointing out someones criminal activities "tarnishing" them. First, they have to have a shine, and to quote Stephen King (Christine) "you can't polish a turd!"

Thaksin denies he has a 4-step plan to get amnesty. That would be too complicated for his idiot followers who count 1, 2, many. It's a 2-step; get PTP elected, get amnesty.

Edited by OzMick

It's not a matter of "trying to tarnish her", she has been found de-facto guilty of perjury already before the law. Her testimony in the civil case was deemed false. In any other country that trial would have been swiftly followed up with criminal charges of perjury. That was not the case here but it's still out there. For most would be politicos that would be enough of a disincentive, but not so for Thaksin.

You forgot conspiracy to defraud the taxation department.

It is the party which is trying to seek amnesty for all politicians not only for Thaksin

fair enough. Same question. What other politicians besides Thaksin are up for amnesty and what charges are they facing that will be dismissed?

It is the party which is trying to seek amnesty for all politicians not only for Thaksin

fair enough. Same question. What other politicians besides Thaksin are up for amnesty and what charges are they facing that will be dismissed?

I dont know who they all are but maby with your background in pasting quotes and pictures all over the TVF you may be able to enlighten us to who they all are.

I cant wait for the words of wisdom to come forth.

I dont know who they all are but maby with your background in pasting quotes and pictures all over the TVF you may be able to enlighten us to who they all are.

The amnesty is sought for "convicted politicians", who is that besides Thaksin?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/22/national/Yingluck-puts-Chalerm-in-charge-of-amnesty-move-30155910.html

Well you all say that Thaksin is/was corrupt but now look at what this democratic (Abhisit) party is doing. Now that it is getting closer to election time and they/he sees that PTP is closer to winning and Yingluk stands a chance in winning they are just using all the "you blame me, I blame you" strategy. The "my dad's bigger then your dad" strategy should not be another political strategy.

Why doesn't the Democrat party just stick with there campaign and leave the past out of it? If they think they can win fairly then just stop all the whining and let the Thai people decide.

Where is this idiots hard proof that Yingluk is seeking amnesty for her brother? Let the election happen and let the people decide who their next PM will be and just move ahead for god sakes.

The lady seems mathematically/politically challenged - ".......Yingluck yesterday expressed confidence the party would win more than half of the 500 House seats and it would be ready to form the next coalition government with other parties." Why does a party that wins more than half the house seats form a coalition?:blink:

Well you all say that Thaksin is/was corrupt but now look at what this democratic (Abhisit) party is doing. Now that it is getting closer to election time and they/he sees that PTP is closer to winning and Yingluk stands a chance in winning they are just using all the "you blame me, I blame you" strategy. The "my dad's bigger then your dad" strategy should not be another political strategy.

Why doesn't the Democrat party just stick with there campaign and leave the past out of it? If they think they can win fairly then just stop all the whining and let the Thai people decide.

Where is this idiots hard proof that Yingluk is seeking amnesty for her brother? Let the election happen and let the people decide who their next PM will be and just move ahead for god sakes.

"Where is this idiots hard proof that Yingluk is seeking amnesty for her brother? "

In all the newspapers reporting on what Yingluck and her PTP cohorts have said.

That's ok. I just thought that since you agreed with chuang, that you might actually know what you were agreeing to.

My mistake.

"Where is this idiots hard proof that Yingluk is seeking amnesty for her brother?" I couldn't agree with you more! Would her own statement yesterday be proof sufficient?

"Yingluck said the Pheu Thai Party, backed by fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra and the red shirts, would draft an amnesty bill..........."

"Yingluck pledged that her party would grant an amnesty to convicted politicians..........."