Non Imm O Advice

I was issued a 3 month single entry non immigrant B from Penang which will expire in two weeks. I have since married a thai.

Can I now obtain a non immigrant O from Penang when this expires or alternatively can I have it "transferred" into a non immigrant O by immigration here or by a law office?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

You can get a one year multiple entry non immigrant “O” visa from Penang. You need to have a copy of your marriage certificate.

If you get there early enough It’s a one day service and will cost 500Rm (5Ktb)

It’s a good idea to take the original marriage cert and copy of your wife’s ID just in case they want to look at them.

I got a marriage “O” just a few weeks ago no problem didn’t even have to show any finances. I always go to Parvez Book Store, on the left side at entrance to Swiss Hotel, for visa. They are good and tell you upfront what you need.

Good luck. :o

I take it you do not have employment or work permit. If you do and income is 40k per month with a work permit you could probably change to O and then extend your stay as below with a visit to immigration.

If you have 400k baht in your or a joint account with wife that can be shown to come from overseas you can obtain a one year extension of stay on the basis of supporting a Thai wife. She will also have to apply with you at an immigration office. This assumes you have employment outside Thailand and can refill account as needed.

The other way is as outlined above but I would not count on obtaining visa the same day. Normal procedure is in during morning and out next day after 1400.