Changing Company Name

My company was registered about 1.5 years ago and had no activity since then because my plans had changed.

Now I decided to change the type of business and run a real estate agency instead of a company importing food.

The problem is that the name of importing company is very specific and related to food.

Can I change it to more neutral and what will be approximate expences for this procedure?

Thanks in advance

Edited by 509

It is a fairly simple process to change your company name but you will also need to change your company objectives as well, this is all assuming that you have kept the company legal by filing annual audits despite its inactivity.

Sunbelt Asia charges 6,754 Baht in total for legal and professional fees to change a company name and 6,204 Baht for legal and professional fees to change a company objective. It takes about 3 weeks for the Ministry of Commerce to process the change and then 1 week for tax and VAT.

Closing a company and starting a new one would cost upwards of 70,000 Baht and would take up to 3 months or more.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]