Want To Hire Company Specialized In Import

Hello,

I want to try to import a second hand cheap car from Japan, i know it's difficult and about the taxs. I want to hire a company to make things easier for this first attemp. They should do all the paper work and guarantee an approximative final price for the car to be registered in Thailand. I saw some nice cars for sell at 2 000 USD, that is only 60 000 baht. I believe with all the fees and taxs i still can get the car for less than 150 000 baht. That's would be nice.

I need a small cheap car for my wife first car, they have nice nissan march from 2002 for sell.

I insist, i just want to pay the money and have nothing else to do, i don't want to have a headache with customs. I know this is possible, most of the dealers are buying cars this way and selling them with a nice profit.

I prefer to pay 100K in taxs and 60K for the car than 250K for the car... It's still cheaper and i will have the guarantee from the importer that everything will be fine.

You forgot to count the shipping cost and the handling fee for the company that will do the footwork.Oh and a march from 2002 will sell for much less than 250.000.

Go for it Johan there's always people in life telling you you can't do something just because they aren't resourceful enough to get it accomplished themselves. Personally I pride myself on making fools out of those people for being so negative and defeatist, my mom used to say "where's there's a will, there's a way" I say you're logic is sound and if you can pull it off more power to you and keep us updated..

For your source I'd begin at one of the local tent dealers or some junk parts dealers as they have those connections many of the parts here come from Japan.

I don't know if you're aware but Japan has a 10 year law that states all cars can not be sold after 10 years and must be destroyed unless the owner keeps it which is why there is so many spare parts.

The only condition to that is that you can keep it personally past 10 years but can not sell it after that point which is why there is a glut of almost 10 year old cars being sold like this March you're mentioning so they're very cheap..

That makes your plan possible being that the car is so cheap but still with plenty life and there are many importers that do just that here and would likely help you fill your order for a fee.

Like I said begin by asking around directly to some more established tent dealers and maybe one will spill the beans and help out.. Maybe even contact a couple of the web sales sites like Talarod and one2car and ask if they know of any importers?

Edited by WarpSpeed

There is only one big problem!! The Thais value the car and if THEY value it at a 150.000 Bht you have to pay 300.000 Bht import duty. It does not matter WHAT you paid for the car even if you got the car for free. Unless you have HIGH connections I would not try it but if you do I wish you good luck. If you go ahead with it please let us know how it went because I would like to bring a my thai wife`s car over from Australia in a couple of years.

Cheers

jopham

The market is flooded with cheap cars... at the dealers tents. They are making money, a lot of money. I have a thai friend who is owner of a tent and she's making 3-4 millions a year.

You call that a lot of money?I made that with 2nd hand cars as a secondary business more then 20 years ago.

Edited by janverbeem

The market is flooded with cheap cars... at the dealers tents. They are making money, a lot of money. I have a thai friend who is owner of a tent and she's making 3-4 millions a year.

lol, yeah, of course - 2nd hand cars are dirt cheap in Thailand...

>>I have a thai friend who is owner of a tent and she's making 3-4 millions a year.

There's your answer. If she can't get it done or know someone that can, than the point is moot.

I know expats in the car biz from a MNC perspective and they say this is the one angle in Thailand that you can't pay a biit to get things done. Of course if you pay enough, then it will happen but you won't be saving any money vs buying here, unless you're like the one forum poster that paid approximately 4 million baht in tea money to bring in a German sports car at an agreed lower assessed value.

>>I have a thai friend who is owner of a tent and she's making 3-4 millions a year.

There's your answer. If she can't get it done or know someone that can, than the point is moot.

I know expats in the car biz from a MNC perspective and they say this is the one angle in Thailand that you can't pay a biit to get things done. Of course if you pay enough, then it will happen but you won't be saving any money vs buying here, unless you're like the one forum poster that paid approximately 4 million baht in tea money to bring in a German sports car at an agreed lower assessed value.

If you succeed and import 2002 Nissan March/Micra for 250k baht total, you will not find spareparts here, but will have to search and import each time needed

375k baht for a new one

or 75k baht for a clean pink Mira :)

here in Phuket there is a company specialized in importing tiny cheap cars not officially sold in TH, like Daihatsus. Not selling cheap tho