Uk Visit Visa

Mrs Scot has had an application with the British Embassy for 14 working days now, which seems a long time relative to other posters' recent experiences. Is this perhaps because summer is coming in the UK? Is a longer wait for a decision indicative of a good or bad result? Any opinions?

The agony of waiting. Our application seems to be at the top end of the range for processing time. Travel date is still three weeks away - is this why we are waiting longer whilst others with perhaps closer travel dates have got the result more quickly? The paranoid side of my character is trying to tell me that we've been thrown to the bottom of the pile awaiting a rejection letter. Someone give me some hope.....

I wanted the Embassy to fast track my wife's as we are going home for a Funeral, the problem is that my stepfather is terminally ill and we are unsure of when he will die, so we had to get it processed now, maybe my wife's was done fast track or more urgently than others, no need to panic am sure yours is just waiting to get a stamp and then passed back to VFS or sent to you.

Edited by beano2274

My girlfriend applied for a visitor visa on 04 May, she received notification that decision had been made after 9 business days on the 17 May. They did change their expectation to 3 weeks and advised that at certain times of year the wait may be up to their turn around time of the 21 days.

I do agree that the wait is agony but getting the decision was like getting my A level results, nearly passed out with the stress!

the worst thing is that they do not tell you if you have got it or not, they say you can pick it up at the VFS office, but has it been approved or not, that is the question, and they cannot tell you as you have to open the envelope yourself.

Wife just informed me she got hers

Well done, sure that is a load off your mind.

I picked up the decision for my girlfriend and when opening the envelope I expected a piece of paper with the decision on it, none there. I then looked at the passport and couldn't see anything, again thought she hadn't got it. It was only when I looked at her passport again and noticed the visa with UK Visa written on it that I knew she had been granted a visa. It looked just like her information page in the passport, not much difference, my heart missed a few beats.

Wife just informed me she got hers

Well done, sure that is a load off your mind.

I picked up the decision for my girlfriend and when opening the envelope I expected a piece of paper with the decision on it, none there. I then looked at the passport and couldn't see anything, again thought she hadn't got it. It was only when I looked at her passport again and noticed the visa with UK Visa written on it that I knew she had been granted a visa. It looked just like her information page in the passport, not much difference, my heart missed a few beats.

My missus flicked through hers and did not notice it either, she checked again and saw the imprint of the stamp on the page then turned the next page and saw it. First thing she did was tell me to save money for spending!!!!!!!!!!