TOT Confirms Launch Of 3.9G Service

webfact

TOT Confirms Launch of 3.9G Service

A top TOT executive has come out to confirm the launch of the new 3G wireless system which will be available nationwide by May next year.

TOT President Arnon Tubtiang said the company will be the first in Thailand and the 24th in the world to publicly launch the 3G next-generation wireless system.

He said the new system will be based on 3.9G technology, which offers a faster service than what currently in use.

The launch of 3G network in Thailand has been delayed for years due to domestic political infighting.

Arnon said the new system will help push Thailand's telecommunication systems forward in accordance with the ICT Master Plan for 2009 to 2013.

He said TOT will begin installing the new system in the Bangkok and the outskirts, covering 18 provinces, by November and hopes to make the system available nationwide by May next year.

TOT hopes to gain more than seven million 3.9G users after completing installation of the system.

Arnon stressed that TOT will proceed with the project despite political chaos. He believes the plan will not be delayed during the government's transition period as the company is a state enterprise.

He expects the company's revenue to increase by 10 billion baht annually.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-06-13

footer_n.gif

ARRRRRRGH.

What in the blue blazes is "3.9G"?

Are they talking about LTE? If so, why doesn't somebody just say "LTE"?

I assume they'll be using TOT's existing 2.1 GHz spectrum. Are they building new towers, or retrofitting existing ones?

Many important questions. No answers. Mnffffffffffft..... :annoyed:

<deleted>.

the 3G is not really a 3G now we have 3.9. leave to copy something which isvery bad and then call it almost as good (like the DVD, most of times is almostas good as original)

when i use 3G in paragon is almost as slow as old generation so now let’s seewhat 3.9 G is like

Here some info:

3G -> 3.9G

image002.jpg

There seems to be confusion when people discuss terms like 3.5G, 3.75G so i decided to define them. I am sure people who have objections will comment. Lets first start with 2G systems:2G = GSM2.5G = GPRS2.75G = EDGE Then moving onto 3G systems:3G = WCDMA, R99 (i am not looking at other technologies but similar mapping will apply)

3.5G = HSDPA3.75G = HSUPA3.8G = HSPA+ (HSPA Enhancements)3.85G = 'HSPA+' + MIMO

3.9G = LTE 4G = NOT WiMAX

He said the new system will be based on 3.9G technology, which offers a faster service than what currently in use.

He can't be wrong about that since currently nothing is in use orher tham gprs.

As for the 3.9 G system,are there actually any phones that support this frequency?

I live in cambodia and i'm connected with a 3G usb key by Metfone (Vietnam Telecom), works like a charm in WCDMA and HSDPA, no idea why

thailand is still so far behind, even Laos has 3G since a long time.

Here some info:

3G -> 3.9G

image002.jpg

There seems to be confusion when people discuss terms like 3.5G, 3.75G so i decided to define them. I am sure people who have objections will comment. Lets first start with 2G systems:2G = GSM2.5G = GPRS2.75G = EDGE Then moving onto 3G systems:3G = WCDMA, R99 (i am not looking at other technologies but similar mapping will apply)

Finally some one understands !!.........

Here some info:

3G -> 3.9G

image002.jpg

It is all over my head I am Tec challenged.

Will it give us a faster and more reliable connection to the internet?

Or is it going to just be for Telephones and other type communication devises?

that being the case what will it mean too me with my five year old Nokia?

Any simple answers would be appreciated.

Here some info:

3G -> 3.9G

image002.jpg

I don't think it will improve the internet unless you use an air card. What it should do is improve internet on the phones (smart phones)

But really what is about to happen is TOT has just figured out a way to double you cell phone bill tell you that you now have 3G and put all the money for new equipment and towers in there pockets. That is why it took so long to get the new technology released. They had to make sure everyone is going to get there cut.

Here some info:

3G -> 3.9G

image002.jpg

I don't think it will improve the internet unless you use an air card. What it should do is improve internet on the phones (smart phones)

But really what is about to happen is TOT has just figured out a way to double you cell phone bill tell you that you now have 3G and put all the money for new equipment and towers in there pockets. That is why it took so long to get the new technology released. They had to make sure everyone is going to get there cut.

Many thanks some times us challenged just have to ask and really appreciate the no frills answers. Again many thanks.