The Freezer In My Fridge Is An Ice Mess

deejah

have a small freezer inside the fridge

and it ices up so fast

i need to defrost once every week or two

is there some way to limit the condensation and ice build up

or is my unit broken?

is it better to have the cold setting on high low or in between?

thanks

That is just normal with all the small refrigerators. Defrost it more often and you'll save electricity. Turn the fiidge off and leave the door open. And, have a plastic container under the freezing section to collect the melting water. I would also put one of those absorbant micro-fiber cloths under the tray to collect what the plastic container doesn't catch. When the ice starts to melt you can break off the bigger pieces and remove them to speed up the process. It should only take about 40 minutes for the whole process. I do it all the time with my fridge in my hotel room.

there may be a viscous cycle going on in there

anyway i just discovered something that might help at least a little

i took out the top shelves on the door, opposite the freezer that when closed touch the freezer door,

at least allowing me to close the fridge door all the way,

preventing even more condensation while extendning the time between de-frosting

hope this helps me and someone else reading this

there may be a viscous cycle going on in there

anyway i just discovered something that might help at least a little

i took out the top shelves on the door, opposite the freezer that when closed touch the freezer door,

at least allowing me to close the fridge door all the way,

preventing even more condensation while extendning the time between de-frosting

hope this helps me and someone else reading this

Good point. A door might SEEM to be closed, but actually might be just barely closed and not tight fitting.

check out the seals. get a sheet of paper and put between the door and the body seals shut door and then pull the paper out if it comes out very easy you have a seal problem. The paper should be hard to pull out or not at all.

u must get rid of this ref and buy one which is no-frost nodel.....my wife just bought a 'sharp' ref for about 8000 baht and it's very good....most good ref s have a thai sticker on the door with a rating of 1-5, make sure ut has a 5, that means it is economical to operate and environmentally friendly.

I have had 2 fridges in the past with the small freezer with the plastic door inside the fridge and both had the same problem.

I got the butter knife and kept chipping the ice out all the time until I pierced the wall and liquid came out, did it to both.

Just spend a little extra on one which the freezer and fridge is separate.

Then you never even have to ever worry about it. You ca get some cheap ones too.

I got one for the office, a Samsung with an ice maker for 6,000 baht at Big C, glass trays and its pretty big for the price.