Best Value Fillet Steak In Chiang Mai 165 Baht

SausageKing

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcos has excellent local beef, but it just does not compare with decent imported stuff. sad.gif

Chez Marcos serves "kho khun" Thai beef - the tenderloin is just as tender, just as tasty, as the imported Australia or New Zealand beef, if not better. If you are not familiar with kho khun beef, check out the string on this forum from a few months ago. Chez Marcos buys this beef at Rimping (Nim City), riced at 1,300 baht per kilogram. Good beef!

IMO, the beef that you are talking about is tender, but it does not taste nearly as good as U.S. beef - I'm not that familiar with beef from Australia and New Zealand. Don't get me wrong, I like Marco's beef, but it does not compare with what I am used to back home.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Franco Thai is excellent value for money.

Portions served are on the Large (German ) size and quality is normally high.

I personally have never had a bad or poorly prepared meal.

The young girl with the 'Gammy leg had her operation and though not perfect a big improvement. i understand a 'Vaccination' caused the original damage.

As for Filmore East, truly great food, broke my heart when he moved from Loi Khro and his Second location on the river has only reopened say three years after his contract was prematurely cancelled.

john

PS. SK hows about some more Donner Kebabs, speechless they where not on offer this last Saturday.

As for Filmore East, truly great food, broke my heart when he moved from Loi Khro and his Second location on the river has only reopened say three years after his contract was prematurely cancelled.

Is Filmore East open again? IMO, they were one of the best steak places that Chiang Mai has ever had.

They reopened on the banks of the Ping and had a three year lease.

The the owner of the property, told them out, Now, after say a year.

The name of the San Francisco owner (Ron ?) slips my memory, not an unusual event for me.

He argued but his 'Wife' said, out we go.

He told me he was back to the states to build up capital and he would return.

Place remained closed for about three years and reopened say 3 months ago.

john

Brilliant grub.

No sorry, wrong, my mistake, my bad English.

The owner of the Land has opened the Property as another business.

I understand the owner is a Thai lady and she had Ron and the other lessees out very quickly but then nothing happened for about three years, until Late last year.

john

UG - Do you remember the pizza and steak place that was behind McDonald's Chang Klan? That was the only McDonald's in Chiang Mai at the time. I liked the steak in the little place behind and North of McDonald's in the same shopping complex and the price was very reasonable.

MSPain

Steak and pizza.... no wonder I am so fat! At the time I would not have even thought of where the steaks came from. They were delicious and, as I said, very low priced. And the US dollar was worth more.

MSPain

Franco-thai Gee, I thought they would have Thai food for Mrs.Ringmaster. Not one Thai dish. She ordered fish and got a tiny piece she could not stand the taste of. For me, steak and garlic parsley butter. The butter came already on the meat so every bite I had a mouth full of strong garlic. I could not taste the meat at all. My jaws got a workout on that meat for sure. Dried bread and no butter. I had high hopes. Not anymore.

Franco-thai Gee, I thought they would have Thai food for Mrs.Ringmaster. Not one Thai dish. She ordered fish and got a tiny piece she could not stand the taste of. For me, steak and garlic parsley butter. The butter came already on the meat so every bite I had a mouth full of strong garlic. I could not taste the meat at all. My jaws got a workout on that meat for sure. Dried bread and no butter. I had high hopes. Not anymore.

Similar to my experience!

I understand the owner is a Thai lady and she had Ron and the other lessees out very quickly but then nothing happened for about three years, until Late last year.

john

A Thai opening a steak house. That's for sure the place to be.

john

john

No different from an Englishman making curries. cheesy.gif