Pizza In Huay Kaew/Nimanhemin Area

Paagai

Where is a good everyday option for Pizza in the Huay Kaew/Nimanheminda area? Used to like Rustica but they've gone (as per another thread), Tried Koh Lanta twice, once they were too busy, next time they were shut :realangry: Sahara: once bitten, now very shy, it may be cheap but.... Nimman Bar and Grill (Kantary Hills): uninspiring disappointment - steaks and the Buffet used to be good (not been for a while), but pass on the Pizza. Beccofino: Excellent restaurant, never tried the Pizza as too many other delights on the menu, but it's not really an everyday type restaurant.

Sorry to bring up the subject of Pizzas again, and I know there are plenty of other options in town in the tourist places round Thapae, The Dukes, and the other places people rave about or hate on some outer ring road en route to the extremities of the solar system :whistling: But, where can I go local to me, when I just want a good honest Pizza? Are there some little gems I'm missing as so much new stuff is springing up in Nimanhemin? Starting to get desparate.... :o

Koh Lanta is a bit better than Rustica was, so try them again. My opinion only, of course.

You could try M, but I don't think you will like the pizza very much. Their salads and pastas are OK. The caprese salad is very good. They open at 5 PM and are closed on Sunday (I think.) I think they are on Soi 6, but if you are on Nimmen and you see the Lotus Tesco, head west on that soi and M is at the end (maybe 300 meters from Nimmen.)

Edited by roger1999

Pizza Koh Lanta is pretty good. I think they make a decent pizza. Beccofino pizza is terrible. Not much else around there that I can think of. There used to be a place up Huay Kaew across from the entrance to CMU that made a good pizza but the last few times I drove past there I could not find it. I think they are gone.

Koh Lanta is a bit better than Rustica was, so try them again. My opinion only, of course.

You could try M, but I don't think you will like the pizza very much. Their salads and pastas are OK. The caprese salad is very good. They open at 5 PM and are closed on Sunday (I think.) I think they are on Soi 6, but if you are on Nimmen and you see the Lotus Tesco, head west on that soi and M is at the end (maybe 300 meters from Nimmen.)

What is M? :unsure:

Thanks, I will probably try Koh Lanta again sometime, but they need to be OPEN! I did eat at their old place by Thapae gate, and the Pizza was O.K. though the base was a bit thick IIRC - it was a couple of years ago.

From your description "M" must be near where Rustica was (Punna Place) correct? Does that mean it's in that group of single story bar/restaurant type places in the parking lot between the old Banrak and canal road?

There is a restaurant called "Al Dente" that serve reasonably decent pizzas, aptly named as it's owned by the Dentist next door!!

It's a new place that's has nice seating area outside and aircon inside the restaurant, not easy to find but worth the effort in my opinion.

Drive west on Huay Kaew road until you come to the traffic lights where the road meets up with Canal Road, on the left is Phucome Hotel and Dunkin Donuts, just behind this is Soi 3, between Dunkin Donuts and a bank, turn left on this Soi and carry on until the first right which is the end of the back of Phucome Hotel and the Restaurant is down there.

There used to be a place up Huay Kaew across from the entrance to CMU that made a good pizza but the last few times I drove past there I could not find it. I think they are gone.

You are very likely referring to Noi's Cuisine - continuing to serve his great pizzas as well as his other Italian-style fare but in a nice little restaurant. Check other postings about Noi's for details. Not very far from his original position.

Cheers.

There used to be a place up Huay Kaew across from the entrance to CMU that made a good pizza but the last few times I drove past there I could not find it. I think they are gone.

You are very likely referring to Noi's Cuisine - continuing to serve his great pizzas as well as his other Italian-style fare but in a nice little restaurant. Check other postings about Noi's for details. Not very far from his original position.

Cheers.

That wasn't the name, I'm sure of that.