How Much The Current Paypal Bank Fees To Receive Money?

Hello!

i need more information how much currencly the fees on paypal thailand for receiving money,i found only a very old topic here on the board when i search for it,i think the information have change in the meantime!

when i sign in into my acount,the information says there are no fees from paypal for sending the money to the thai bank,but i not find information how much the thaibank(siam comercial),or kasikorn i have the acounts there charge for it,is it in the meantime free,when the receiving currency is also thb,and not a foreign currency?

currencly i recogneized that i cannot use my depit card on paypal thailand,the bank told me i have to wait 2 weeks until i got my real creditcard,yesterday i signup on ebay.com,after i confirm my current thai adress,the acount was opened on ebay.sg for singapore,i can receive money now when i sell something on ebay,but when i cannot edit creditcard at the moment i think i cannot sale something on ebay currencly,is this information right?

or can ebay take the monthly bill,for the selling fees also from my bankacount?

how i can sign up for this?

thanks for informatiion!

last qestions,how much paypal charge ,each transaktion,when the sending amount of money is lower then 5000 thb?

These days i got a PayPal transfer to my Thai bank over 16,482.16 THB. Exactly this sum including the 16 Satang on my bank statement at Kasikorn. No fees at Kasikorn, no fees at PayPal.

The only drawback is that PayPal sends Baht. And the exchange rate is worse than in Thailand. And the transfer takes 7 days.

I am using my PayPal account for years and had no problems at all. Is there a better way to collect money worldwide?

Paypal fees for transferring money from your Paypal account to bank account are 50 baht for amounts below 5.000 baht and NOTHING for amounts over 5.000 baht. That said, as Paypal forces you to change currencies with them instead of with your bank, be prepared to loose some money there (Paypal exchange rates are not great), these exchange rates can be found on their website or when changing one currencies into another.

As to wether or not they are a pain to deal with; it varies... I am dealing both with Paypal in Europe (The Netherlands) and here in Thailand (based in Singapore) and I found Paypal Thailand/Singapore much easier to deal with then the European branch. Others might have different experiences though...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the hijack. I have a paypal account that was started in Canada and has US founds in it. I would like to send that money to my Thai account. Can I add a Thai account to my candadian paypal if I exchange the money to baht first or should I open a separate paypal account ?

For amounts below 5.000 baht, the fee is 5- baht. Everything north of 5.000 baht is transferred without a fee. Transfer time is between 5 - 7 days (usually it takes the full 7 days though).

Edited by mjnaus

Sorry for the hijack. I have a paypal account that was started in Canada and has US founds in it. I would like to send that money to my Thai account. Can I add a Thai account to my candadian paypal if I exchange the money to baht first or should I open a separate paypal account ?

I have never been able to make this work (had similar ideas in the past). When setting up a US Paypal account, I am pretty sure you can only add US bank accounts to that Paypal account. For a Thai bank account you would need to create a Thai Paypal account.

I have never been able to make this work (had similar ideas in the past). When setting up a US Paypal account, I am pretty sure you can only add US bank accounts to that Paypal account. For a Thai bank account you would need to create a Thai Paypal account.

Yeah, that was my experience trying to add a Thai bank to an existing UK PP account.

I simply created a Thai PP account in my name with a different email address and my BKK Bank details, money goes in and out of BKK Bank just fine :)