Macro Sausages And Bacon

cheshiregent

I purchased a kilo of frozen American bacon at Macro about a week ago for 199 baht. I was quite impressed at the authentic smokey taste.

That's actually a very good price, given that just about any kind of fresh pork meat is now at around 130 baht/kg.

Get it while you can. ;)

Bei Otto also make good smoked bacon (no affiliation) I'm also a big fan of Gunther products, unlike a local maker that claim they make good bacon but turned out smell a bit like rotten meat. I also really like the sausage from royal project supermarket near the zoo.

Edited by Maccheroncini

The frozen streaky bacon sold in Macro is the best I have tasted in Thailand.Although it is sold for the restaurant trade in kilo packs, it is not difficult to partly thaw and repack in smaller quantities.The price is much better than all of its competitors.

I agree if you are talking about that American style streaky bacon, it tastes good and from memory is about 180b a kilo but the fact that recently i have only ever seen it in frozen packs has put me off buying it as i had thought it would be too difficult to separate and put in smaller packs, but you suggest partly thawing and then re-freezing in smaller packs is OK?

Cook it all up and put in meal size packs and freeze them works lie a charm. The main problem I have is some how all of it never gets to the freezer.

I purchased a kilo of frozen American bacon at Macro about a week ago for 199 baht. I was quite impressed at the authentic smokey taste.

That's actually a very good price, given that just about any kind of fresh pork meat is now at around 130 baht/kg.

Get it while you can. ;)

And make sure you cook it well!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2006919/Listeria-meningitis-Father-46-left-paralysed-eating-undercooked-pork-chops.html

I got a kilo of the Breakfast sausage yesterday from Makro and had part of it as a sandwich this morning, very tasty indeed. Well recommended. 199thb for a kilo which is 12 Sausages in the pack I bought.

I just bought sausage and bacon from makro and tried to eat ??? Who on earth can think the sausage and bacon from makro is good ??? Hello ?? sausage taste of bread and fat but at 199 a kilo its a rip off,They did look good in the pack, But only look ? Now the bacon, I put it in the pan to cook and watched it shrink to half the size and this white foam coming out of it while cooking??I believe you get what you pay for in life and will not buy this product with no company name on it again,They do not show there name of the company on the sausage or bacon as to who makes it for makro ?? I wonder why ?? Never again.

I got a kilo of the Breakfast sausage yesterday from Makro and had part of it as a sandwich this morning, very tasty indeed. Well recommended. 199thb for a kilo which is 12 Sausages in the pack I bought.

I just bought sausage and bacon from makro and tried to eat ??? Who on earth can think the sausage and bacon from makro is good ??? Hello ?? sausage taste of bread and fat but at 199 a kilo its a rip off,They did look good in the pack, But only look ? Now the bacon, I put it in the pan to cook and watched it shrink to half the size and this white foam coming out of it while cooking??I believe you get what you pay for in life and will not buy this product with no company name on it again,They do not show there name of the company on the sausage or bacon as to who makes it for makro ?? I wonder why ?? Never again. [quote

Perhaps a little melodramatic and OTP !

I really think that you have to live in Thaland a little longer to get some perspective for comparison.

In the mean time good luck. I think that you may have a few surprises coming your way !

I just bought sausage and bacon from makro and tried to eat ??? Who on earth can think the sausage and bacon from makro is good ??? Hello ?? sausage taste of bread and fat but at 199 a kilo its a rip off,They did look good in the pack, But only look ? Now the bacon, I put it in the pan to cook and watched it shrink to half the size and this white foam coming out of it while cooking??I believe you get what you pay for in life and will not buy this product with no company name on it again,They do not show there name of the company on the sausage or bacon as to who makes it for makro ?? I wonder why ?? Never again.

well I enjoyed em

I just bought sausage and bacon from makro and tried to eat ??? Who on earth can think the sausage and bacon from makro is good ??? Hello ?? sausage taste of bread and fat but at 199 a kilo its a rip off,They did look good in the pack, But only look ? Now the bacon, I put it in the pan to cook and watched it shrink to half the size and this white foam coming out of it while cooking??I believe you get what you pay for in life and will not buy this product with no company name on it again,They do not show there name of the company on the sausage or bacon as to who makes it for makro ?? I wonder why ?? Never again. [quote

I really think that you have to live in Thaland a little longer to get some perspective for comparison.

In the mean time good luck. I think that you may have a few surprises coming your way !

I agree. Perfectly palatable and decent value.

Previously produced by Asia West Foods. May be Kitchen King (I think an affiliate or own brand)

Previously produced by Asia West Foods. May be Kitchen King (I think an affiliate or own brand)