Red-Shirts Commemorate 13-Month Anniversary Of Rally Crackdown With 'Planking'

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anniversary mania -- for this headline writer for sure -- gets more and more insane.

N.B. "Anni" means "year", and there are only 12 months in a year.

That's why the recent invention of phrases like "1-year anniversary" or "10-year anniversary" is also very stupid.

Yes, but 12-year anniversary is much easier to understand than dodecaversary, and how many people would know what a sesquicentenary was without a dictionary (the TV dictionary doesn't like the correctly spelled word!)

If you would like to suggest an alternative for 13 month anniversary, feel free. Try starting with trideca- or triskadeca- , but I doubt anyone would know what your trying to say.

Anniversary mania -- for this headline writer for sure -- gets more and more insane.

N.B. "Anni" means "year", and there are only 12 months in a year.

That's why the recent invention of phrases like "1-year anniversary" or "10-year anniversary" is also very stupid.

Yes, but 12-year anniversary is much easier to understand than dodecaversary, and how many people would know what a sesquicentenary was without a dictionary (the TV dictionary doesn't like the correctly spelled word!)

If you would like to suggest an alternative for 13 month anniversary, feel free. Try starting with trideca- or triskadeca- , but I doubt anyone would know what your trying to say.

bakersdozenaversary! if it catches on i claim it as mine and will collect all royalties

Can there be a more stupid, asinine fad as planking?!! Any suggestions on a new fad to create? It has to be as "cool" as planking...that is the only criteria.

"arsing" this is where you sit on your arse all day.............................oh hang on.....

Planking? Such foolishness.

There were also speeches, musical performances, and poetry recitals on stage before the group finally dispersed at around 8 P.M.

Like drinking Lao Kao out of a tiny glass together? :jap:

r84625918.jpg

Anti-government "red shirt" protesters play dead to commemorate killed comrades in their version of "planking" in Bangkok's shopping district June 19, 2011. A group of anti-government activists gathered on Sunday at the same shopping district they occupied during the 2010 unrest

REUTERS

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//110619/ids_photos_wl/r566346896.jpg/#photoViewer=/110619/ids_photos_wl/r84625918.jpg

r3875088840.jpg

An artist creates a fake wound for an anti-government "red shirt" protester playing dead in their version of "planking" in Bangkok's shopping district June 19, 2011

REUTERS

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//110619/ids_photos_wl/r84625918.jpg/#photoViewer=/110619/ids_photos_wl/r3875088840.jpg

A sufferer of triskaidekaphobia would. But they may be busy lying face down from fear.

Can there be a more stupid, asinine fad as planking?!! Any suggestions on a new fad to create? It has to be as "cool" as planking...that is the only criteria.

Spanking? Oh wait! My bad that one is old and busted. I know Flacking. First you must wear your birthday suite and stick the buttocks high in the air and let lose a Flacking sound?Please I did not use capitals or to many exclamation marks nor did i target a certain group. You think It might catch on?

Didnt the Thai mental health department declare that Planking was a mental health problem?

Figures the Reds would employ such a demonstration of their mental state...

Most of the red-shirt supporters in jail are garbage collectors, homeless people, and the mentally ill who cannot seek legal help or find enough money for bail. The People's Centre for Information (PCI) revealed its initial investigation on the April-May crackdowns yesterday.

It collected information about 169 red-shirt protesters who are now under detention in the provinces of Maha Sarakham, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Mukdahan, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai over charges of taking part in illegal gatherings as well as arson or terrorism.

PCI discovered that most of the detained red shirts could not find lawyers or enough money for bail. Most of the detainees are garbage collectors, homeless people, and people with mental health problems.

The Nation / 2010-11-19

http://www.nationmul...--30142601.html

I had a feeling. Wait No money to bail them out? <deleted> Thaskin and your boys? You left your people in the gray bar hotel. 169 displaced souls left to rot for gathering to support the Man they went to bat for. Not surprised at all. What say ye red/PTP groupies. This is a prime example of the trickery one man masters to serve one function. Himself. This is so F*cked up homeless and Mental health problems. I guess it makes sense to use these people because anyone with a normal brain function would have not shown up for this Bull Sh*t

Actually, if you read the article, in this case at least, it held great meaning, symbolism and significance for the participants.

But please continue to sound like a cranky old man...

Mindless sheep

The mindless sheep from what I understand started in Europe.

Many mindless things start outside of Thailand and we introduce it to the Thai people,

telling them it's the thing to do, eat or drink, mirror, mirror on the wall.

So if Thais follow mindless things introduced to them by foreign mindless sheep, does that mean they are not mindless sheep?

I'm always intrigued - and very slightly repulsed - by the way erstwhile defenders of Thais are often so quick to unknowingly say things that implicitly insult Thais (eg "It's the west who started INSERT FAVORITE SOCIAL ILL!" -- How could the poor Thais not also embrace it or be expected to think for themselves?)

Ok I got the new Fad right here:

Crotching, just grab it next time someone starts talking about those terrorist red shirts or any other stupid crap you could care less to hear about. Do it anywhere, it works for anyone :P

chicago-cubs-crotch-grab.jpg

jackson97_46539a.jpg

129041040093266874.jpg

harry-crotch-grab.jpg

Edited by Huey

It's all so fun! After they finished planking did they threaten to burn Bangkok to the ground again?

heh someday they will, if not them then anothers....thais just love bonfires

clue for those in krungthep