Hilux Vigo 2012

So I went to buy a Hilux 3.0 G Prerunnner last weekend, apparently I would have to wait 2 months for the "new model", being shown 23/24 July. Toyota couldn't tell me the price nor could they even show me any pictures, nor tell me what is different between the current and new model.I am particularly interested in what might be changing interior wise as I find the current model quite basic, especially when compared to the new Ranger.I cannot find any information (except a "leaked" photo) about the new model - yet the dealer will be able to satisfy my order in 2 months, apparently. Have I just been a victim of porkie pies? Am I going to end up being one of those people waiting 6 months for a new vehicle?I would be interested if anyone has some insider information on this vehicle and whether I should bother waiting?

It's a minor change only - the front fenders, hood, bumper and grille are getting an update, and the the 3.0L is moving from 165HP to 169HP - other than that, mostly unchanged except for the requisite price increase you have to expect from Toyota with any minor change.

It will be shown first in Australia next month, then here in Thailand as noted. They'll start taking orders for it as soon as it's been officially launched, but given that the exiting queue for the VIGO is already approaching 30,000 units, you can almost guarantee you won't be seeing your in just 2 months..

So you seen to be a man in the know, if you were looking for a new vehicle in the next few months - what are the best deals out there?

My work contract has only 18 months left to run and I don't know whether I will extend it yet. So that means the possibility of selling in 18 months is very real - hence why I chose a Toyota. I see the new Ranger on Ford's website, it looks like much better value for money (I also prefer it style wise) but is resale value going to kill me?

Thanks

So you seen to be a man in the know, if you were looking for a new vehicle in the next few months - what are the best deals out there?

My work contract has only 18 months left to run and I don't know whether I will extend it yet. So that means the possibility of selling in 18 months is very real - hence why I chose a Toyota. I see the new Ranger on Ford's website, it looks like much better value for money (I also prefer it style wise) but is resale value going to kill me?

Thanks

If selling that quickly, I'd say yes - it'll take the average Somchai that long before they even notice that the new T6 Ranger even exists.. Typically Thai's start warming up to new models 18-24 months after their initial release.

For pure resale value, your're looking at Toyota, Mistu, Nissan and Isuzu - in that order. Chev is the best out of the more minor brands, followed by Ford, and then Mazda in an atrociously bad last place for resale value.

Thanks

If selling that quickly, I'd say yes - it'll take the average Somchai that long before they even notice that the new T6 Ranger even exists.. Typically Thai's start warming up to new models 18-24 months after their initial release.

For pure resale value, your're looking at Toyota, Mistu, Nissan and Isuzu - in that order. Chev is the best out of the more minor brands, followed by Ford, and then Mazda in an atrociously bad last place for resale value.

agreed

an easy sale since 2005 has been Vigo 3,0 auto 4x4 4door G. Silver and white.

I would try to make a booking now if you need it asap

Well I have a deposit down, although it's refundable and only 5,000b, so I am presuming it is as good as worthless. I told the dealer that if they cannot satisfy my order in 2 months from now then not to bother wasting my time, but she was adamant that it would happen.

It's frustrating as I was also looking at the Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LT, I really like the car and they have it in stock so I can literally drive it away. However it seems likely that I will be as good as throwing away money if I have to sell it in 18 months. Any predictions on the type of depreciation I could expect?

Thanks again