Anyone Familiar With Lamphun?

danozxfxr

I've been looking for a house to rent in Lampun, preferably the south side. I've tried many of the Chiang Mai real estate sites but they have little to nothing for Lamphun. I will try the driving around randomly looking for signs but if someone has any helpful information, it would be appreciated. Also, I could not find a gym in that city or surrounding areas, other then a very small one in the stadium. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Most people who work in/near Lamphun would stay in Chiang Mai and commute. But if you want to stay in Lamphun town then you pretty much said it yourself: drive around looking, and tell everyone you meet that you're looking for a house to rent. Chances are you will be successful quite quickly.

I think Lamphun is the most boring place I have ever been anywhere in Thailand over a 21 year period of visiting/living here.

Cha-Am and Chiang Rai do come close though. ;)

I still don't understand why you don't like Cha Am WTK! It's a great place to hang out for a few days. There is action there. I know that you know how to find it. <_<

I think Lamphun is the most boring place I have ever been anywhere in Thailand over a 21 year period of visiting/living here.

I still don't understand why you don't like Cha Am WTK! It's a great place to hang out for a few days. There is action there. I know that you know how to find it. <_<

I agree, I think Cha-Am is an OK place too.

You gotta put the work in WTK......"seek and ye shall find".

I agree, I think Cha-Am is an OK place too.

You gotta put the work in WTK......"seek and ye shall find".

Hint...it's not on the beach road. There is nothing to do on the beach road area at night except to visit one of the 15 different 7-11's along the road. And it's not Soi Bus Station either.

Isn't it sad that some people get bored? Why can't they drink enough coffee to wake up a bit?

:) Ok, I'll admit to being there with the Mrs, and only on the stretch along the beach. ;) Still, it wasn't bustling with restaurants and night spots like you'd get in Phuket or Pattaya.

In Thai term, Lamphun is where bad driver come from.

LOL, right. Always careful when around a car with Lamphun plates.. ;)

That and Farangs drivers. Also have to be careful with those, especially when the nutters are drunk, which is often.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

In Thai term, Lamphun is where bad driver come from.

LOL, right. Always careful when around a car with Lamphun plates.. ;)

That and Farangs drivers. Also have to be careful with those, especially when the nutters are drunk, which is often.

And I thought not many expat knows that :)