Currently Looking For Kittens To Adopt?

I've tried SCAD but the registration form is ridiculous. LOL "Can we go into your house" "Can we go into your house prior to adoption"

Are you kidding me? If they wanted to get some kittens adopted then they wouldn't make the forms so obnoxious and unappealing.

So now I'm going to chatuchak but I want to know if there are any better places to go? In bangkok near siam paragon I guess? Or Big C? Central?

I don't really care what breed it is, I just want a normal kitty.

And approximately, how much is it to get a kitten vaccinated and neutered?

Thanks.

Hello Lizarrdo -- I fully understand your frustration with SCAD -- PLEASE do not go to Chatuchac of any other pet store -- have been working for a year now going every week collect and sterilize unsold dumped female cats in Chatuchak area and still so many to go -- it's a horror there for animals -- by buying in a pet store you support the kitten farms -- most often they die from not being vaccinated timely or other diseases due to malnutrition and abuse...I can help you find a kitten. Please contact me on my private email address.

Hello Lizarrdo -- I fully understand your frustration with SCAD -- PLEASE do not go to Chatuchac of any other pet store -- have been working for a year now going every week collect and sterilize unsold dumped female cats in Chatuchak area and still so many to go -- it's a horror there for animals -- by buying in a pet store you support the kitten farms -- most often they die from not being vaccinated timely or other diseases due to malnutrition and abuse...I can help you find a kitten. Please contact me on my private email address.

Ah alright, will do.

Pity you're not in Buriram. This morning I found a litter in my garden... someone else's cat, and about 6 well-grown kittens.

Please, anyone wanting a cat (excluding pedigree types), don't buy one from a petshop... you would be aiding and abetting a despicable trade.

Pity you're not in Buriram. This morning I found a litter in my garden... someone else's cat, and about 6 well-grown kittens.

Please, anyone wanting a cat (excluding pedigree types), don't buy one from a petshop... you would be aiding and abetting a despicable trade.

Pity you are not in Udon. Got 4 very young cats to give away.

• 2 weeks later...

i have 4 kittens (half thai + half american longhair) here in korat if anyone is interested. 500-1000 or donation appreciated (to cover food, expenses)

i also have a 3 month old american longhair all-black male kitten for sale (3000 baht). he's had his first and second vaccinations and will go back on july 10th for his final "kitten" vaccination. he's super sweet. i put an ad up in the classifieds section.

but in response to the original poster - try temples! i know someone already said that too but it's really a great idea so it's worth mentioning again. or just walk around your neighborhood. if you see any particular stores which seem to be feeding multiple cats, look around for kittens. a lot of times, thais will feed / care for cats (to make merit or just because they love animals) and they generally don't get them neutered. so they often have lots of kittens.. which they then end up feeding as well...

most shops / homes like that will be happy to have someone take a cat or two home to care for them.

just be sure you ask someone (at a temple or a shop/ home, etc) before you just pick up a cat and leave) ;)

i agree with previous posters - don't buy from JJ!

i'll have persian kittens in a few months as well if anyone's interested. my persian queen is due about july 24th. so they'll be ready for new homes the end of september.

good luck! and it's great that you're interested in adopting / rescuing. SO many homeless / underfed cats / dogs here in thailand. makes me sad that i can't do more to help them.

(anyone got funding? i'll start a shelter here in korat)

Edited by FarangGirlinKorat

Good point about asking first, years ago some tourist walked off with my kitten, fortunately a neighbor saw it and chased him down and got my cat back, this was in front of the house and not a shop or temple too!

• 2 weeks later...