Transit Or Not?

jover

We booked a flight Amsterdam - Bangkok with EVA air and a connecting flight to Krabi (KBV) International airport with Thai Airways.

Will our luggage be labeled through to Krabi or do we have to take our luggage from the luggage belt, go through passport control and need to check in the suitcases again?

Check with EVA if they will label through.

You might indeed need to go through customs and immigration at Suv, and thus collect your bags and check in at domestic.

according to evaair.com

make sure you have checked in for thai-air

groet,

How do I transfer to an onward flight?

1. Ask EVA airport staff for assistance. We will tell you when the flight is departing and direct you to your gate.
  2. Your checked baggage can usually be tagged and through-checked to your final destination if your onward flight is confirmed. But please keep in mind that some countries require you to declare your baggage during transfer/transit at your first arrival point within its territory, e.g., United States.
Edited by Klaasvaak

I have two answers now:

Eva air says: Please be advised that it is indeed possible to have your luggage checked-in in Amsterdam and retrieve it back in Krabi. We seek your kind assistance to have all travel documentation available when check-in in Amsterdam.

Thai airways says: EVA does not have agreement with THAI on checked-through baggages so you will have to check-out your bags and check-in again.

What now? How difficult can it be.

Edited by jover

lol, that's a bit strange indeed.

Did you contact the local office in Holland from Thai airways or did you contact Thailand?

I would rather try both of them, i find it hard to get correct answers from Thai customerservice departments.

Final option is, let Eva air label them for Krabi in Amsterdam, fly with Eva to Bangkok then go to the transfer desk at the Bangkok airport.

The transferdesk is still behind customs, you will be needing you boardingpass and checkin proof to be able to go to domestic departure.

At the transferdesk you can tell you story and they will tell you if you have to go to customs to collect your bags or not.

Check with EVA if they will label through.

You might indeed need to go through customs and immigration at Suv, and thus collect your bags and check in at domestic.

The Thai flight from Bangkok to Krabi would be departing from and arriving at the domestic terminals. There would be no immigration clearance.

Upon arrival in Bangkok you will need to clear Thailand immigration and customs, collect your baggage and head over to the domestic departures for your Thai flight to Krabi. Upon arrival in Krabi you will pass through domestic arrivals with no immigration checks.

If there is no arrangement between EVA and Thai to accept check-through luggage, then Thai will NOT accept your baggage in Bangkok for the Krabi flight. Do not risk this.

Today I got another e-mail from Thai Airways saying:

After I have rechecked by calling on the phone with the function concerned, I found out that you can certainly check your bags all the way through from EVA. In the system was not up to date when I first informed you - please accept my apology, so sorry for my mistake.

Anyway, in case that you can not check all of your bags through, 2 hrs and 15 mins is definitely fine for you to enter immigration and check-in. Please do not worry.

So now it does seem possible...

• 5 months later...

On the Thai Airways site: http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-services/on-the-ground/en/suvarnabhumi-flight-transfer.htm

International to Domestic

If the final destination is Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Phuket, Hat Yai or Samui, passengers have to proceed to Domestic Transfer Check-in Counters - East at concourse D, level 2 before proceed to immigration and security formality. Customs formality will be done at your destination airport.

When transferring to other domestic destinations or having baggage checked only to Bangkok, passengers have to disembark, proceed through passport control, pick up baggage and through customs formalities. Royal Silk passengers check-in at Row B and Economy Class passengers check-in at Row C on the departure level.

Inter-to-Dom%20400x665.jpg

When you check in, just check baggage tag for final destination !

If its not the code for Krabi you'll know to collect and recheck ?? And if you're checked right through then you'll have 2nd boarding card ??

Am I missing something here with some of the replies ??