Nokia N9

nikster

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/26/nokia-lumia-800-hands-on/

N9 with Wp7 mango.

Me want (in black)

The hardware is stunning. Only phone that can challenge the iPhone in terms of hardware design, yet it looks totally different. Perhaps the last hurrah for Nokia's hardware designers?! Either way it's just drop dead gorgeous. The soft touch buttons are the only downside, that's a whiff of cheap (N9 doesn't have those does it?).

Now I am not the greatest Android fan but that phone makes me wish it had Android on it. Between Android and WP7, I know what to choose. Even though WP7 apparently has figured out hardware accelerated graphics, the "tile" design makes absolutely no sense to me. The "one word is cut off" lists are even worse. Kudos for not ripping off the iPhone but... that doesn't mean it's good. With those icons - the IE icon, the "Zune" icon, the xBOX icon - WP7 looks like a throwback into a forgotten era.

yeah seems people have a love/hate relationship with wp7

Personally, I'm on the love side of the coin - I think it's the most stylish OS out there.

To me, Android on N9 hardware would be like a luxury condo with index furniture in it.

Each to their own I guess

yeah seems people have a love/hate relationship with wp7

Personally, I'm on the love side of the coin - I think it's the most stylish OS out there.

To me, Android on N9 hardware would be like a luxury condo with index furniture in it.

Each to their own I guess

Well said, made me laugh biggrin.gif

Although i'm Android user myself and got most of my furniture from Index. Only the luxury condo is still work in progress.

Now Nokia has always had the best HW, supported frequencies etc. N8 still has the best camera, not sure if the new minor change iPhone will be better but doubt it. And navigation, nothing comes close.

Anyhow... when WP7 goes couple of versions more it will be good so brace yourself, these Nokia's are the mid range priced to sell. So expect something cool for the high end mid next year equipped with next version of WP7 or perhaps WP8 with Nokia's mods on top. Yes they do have deal to tweak WP to differ themselves from the rest.