Is There A Thai Embassy In Peru?

Hi there! My name is and I currently live in the United States. I will be traveling to my native country, Peru, in about a month.

I am currently in treatment for a gender transition from male to female, and one of the famous sex reassignment doctors live in Bangkok, Thailand; That's the reason why I have decided to travel to Thailand for my gender reassignment surgery. The cost of the surgery is much cheaper there than it is here in the U.S.

Besides, as I mentioned before, there are excellent physicians who perform this type of surgery every day of the year and are very well educated about the whole subject of transsexualism.

Since I have been away from Peru for decades. I am not quite sure whether there is a thai embassy there or not. Some friends have told me that I would have to apply for a British visa to travel to Thailand, Is this correct?

I would really appreciate it if you could inform me of where I can go to get a thai visa in Peru. I am still a peruvian citizen but have permanent U.S. resident status.

Thank you very much for all the information you can share.

Sincerely,

There is no Royal Thai Embassy in Peru.

You do not need a visa to Thailand as you get up to 90 days (according to IATA) or 30 days (according to MFA) on entry.

You do not need a visa to UK if you are using that for transit within 24 hours and have documents for travel.

And you sure don't need a UK visa to visit Thailand.

Edited by lopburi3

III. Country which has concluded agreement on the

exemption of visa requirement for holders of diplomatic,

official undefined passports with Thailand and permitted

to stay for 90 days

Republic of Peru

Source: mfa

However note mfa site also lists Peru as one of the countries which allowws visa entry of 30days for tourist pruposes.

confused. I am