''Por Kor 14'' Document

hi, after looking back over some older posts i see that my girlfriend may need to get a ''por kor 14'' document for her UK settlement visa. Though I think this would be the same for many countries. the document is issued by the local ampur and shows that your partner has sole guardianship. it is a sworn statement i think.

Can this be obtained in one day? does the ex partner have to be in attendance? and what documents do you need to show?

thanks

Hi,

My wife had to get one last year before we applied for her sons UK settlement visa. My wife did it the same day but it depends on the circumstances of the sole responsibility. Our situation was her son had not seen his father for almost 15 years and he has lived with her all and no contact with his father at all. My wife had to take the chief of the village and another reputable member of the community, police, teacher etc (she took her best friend who was also know to the chief of the village) They went to the Ampur in the morning and it was all done an dusted by lunch time. Also my wife never married his father so this made it easier. So in this situation the ex partner didnt need to attend

If the ex partner is around and willing to do it then its just your girlfriend and the ex partner that need to go to the Ampur,she will need to take as much paperwork (and copies) of everything, house book, birth certificate, ID card, marriage/Divorce certificate,passport all the usual stuff. The cost to the Ampur is about 100B, my wife took the Chief Of Village for lunch after and he was happy with that so you may need to pay them something for helping you out.

Good luck.

Andy

Hi,

My wife had to get one last year before we applied for her sons UK settlement visa. My wife did it the same day but it depends on the circumstances of the sole responsibility. Our situation was her son had not seen his father for almost 15 years and he has lived with her all and no contact with his father at all. My wife had to take the chief of the village and another reputable member of the community, police, teacher etc (she took her best friend who was also know to the chief of the village) They went to the Ampur in the morning and it was all done an dusted by lunch time. Also my wife never married his father so this made it easier. So in this situation the ex partner didnt need to attend

If the ex partner is around and willing to do it then its just your girlfriend and the ex partner that need to go to the Ampur,she will need to take as much paperwork (and copies) of everything, house book, birth certificate, ID card, marriage/Divorce certificate,passport all the usual stuff. The cost to the Ampur is about 100B, my wife took the Chief Of Village for lunch after and he was happy with that so you may need to pay them something for helping you out.

Good luck.

Andy

thanks for that. we will be applying for settlement in just 2 weeks and dont have that paper yet. i only just found out about it.

the ex is still around. my gf divorced in 2009, since the divorce both her children have lived with my gf, however when they divorced legal custody of her son was given to my gf, and custody of her daughter given to the father. they both saw their father once a month - and he has never paid any maintenance. in march this year, the ex signed over legal custody of his daughter to my gf.

what is interesting is that recently my gf applied for passports for her children. the ampur gave her, her son's passport, but my gf told me she needed another paper for her daughter (even though she had custody of her ). not sure what this paper is.

my gf phoned her ex, from the ampur, and he actually made a 6 hour round trip, plus a morning at the ampur, and signed the passport papers. i thought this was pretty decent of him as he didnt have to.

it would be easier i guess to ask him to go to the ampur. i would think he would.

thanks

Edited by kunash

just talked to my gf. from what she said, i think she was given a por kor 14, for her daughter, when her ex gave her legal custody of her earlier this year.

but she does not have a por kor 14 for her son. my gf got custody of him when she divorced.

my gf is adamant she does not need a por kor 14 for her son. she has read on the internet that she doesnt.

i have tried telling her it is better if she got it, but she wont listen.

she said por kor 14 is to show guardianship / responsibility for people who did not marry in an ampur,

not sure what else i can do, to change her mind

she does not have a por kor 14 for her son. my gf got custody of him when she divorced.

my gf is adamant she does not need a por kor 14 for her son. she has read on the internet that she doesnt.

She's right she doesn't need one for her son if she has a sole custody paper for him from the divorce court, and if he lives with her of course.

she said por kor 14 is to show guardianship / responsibility for people who did not marry in an ampur,

She's right again, although it's also needed in some other situations as well (such as her daughter's custody status). Of course she should mention the custody/resposibility status of her son in the KP14 she does for her daughter, where she should also make it clear that, although her husband has custody, she exercises day to day responsibility for her daughter's upbringing. She'll also need a statement from her ex giving his permission for her to take her daughter out of Thailand of course.

she does not have a por kor 14 for her son. my gf got custody of him when she divorced.

She's right she doesn't need one for her son if she has a sole custody paper for him from the divorce court, and if he lives with her of course.

She's right again, although it's also needed in some other situations as well (such as her daughter's custody status). Of course she should mention the custody/resposibility status of her son in the KP14 she does for her daughter, where she should also make it clear that, although her husband has custody, she exercises day to day responsibility for her daughter's upbringing. She'll also need a statement from her ex giving his permission for her to take her daughter out of Thailand of course.

i am now in thailand and my gf has shown me her papers. when my gf got SC of her daughter this year, the ampur asked the father to sign a paper which says he agrees that his daughter can go abroad.

today we went to the consular office and they said my gf would not need a por kor 14 if her daughter was visiting the uk. but if she was going to settle then she would. my gf does not need a por kor 14 for her son, (she got custody of him at divorce).

thanks for the tip about what to put on the por kor 14 at the ampur