Cooking School ( Western Food )

coatesy

My woman owns a restaurant and she's also a superb cook when it comes to western food as well.. i'll rent her to your wife for 1k baht an hour

Hmmm. Depending on her skills, I might hire her for a few hours.

Edited by Shot

although it's expensive, it's worth it....the cooking class @ the blue elephant in phuket town...

Western food classes, not traditional Thai cookingrolleyes.gif

i was informed differently by clients two weeks ago, thanks.

although it's expensive, it's worth it....the cooking class @ the blue elephant in phuket town...

Western food classes, not traditional Thai cookingrolleyes.gif

i was informed differently by clients two weeks ago, thanks.

anyways, it doesn't matter too much...isn't there a cooking school in the vijit area on the way to town? pu's or pum's cooking school? and a friend said a new cooking school is opening on the hill to kata? i saw on another website that indochine in kalim is offering a thai cooking course for 300 baht--3 dishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Where in Kata ? The hill on Patak road going to Phuket town. I am trained chef and will be in Kata in the winter if you still needed more help.

anyways, it doesn't matter too much...isn't there a cooking school in the vijit area on the way to town? pu's or pum's cooking school? and a friend said a new cooking school is opening on the hill to kata? i saw on another website that indochine in kalim is offering a thai cooking course for 300 baht--3 dishes.

The bookshop upstairs at Jungceylon. Cookbooks for all types of cuisine in both Thai and English languages. Why waste money on cooking lessons?

cookbooks do not teach you the small techniques that only a great cooking teacher can.

Which is why most western cooking school in thailand are to be avoided if you've got some decent tastebuds. Most 3-5star restaurants are terrible for those of us used to quality cooks.

Where in Kata ? The hill on Patak road going to Phuket town. I am trained chef and will be in Kata in the winter if you still needed more help.

There may be some confusion here, I think the op means he is looking for a western style cooking class. Blue elephant is thai style.

• 3 months later...

I'm a 1995 Graduate of Johnson & Wales University in culinary arts and a certificate holder in Thai cuisine from Le Cordon Bleu Bangkok. If you are in the Pattaya area you can send your wife down to my kitchen for some pointers. What type of cuisine would you like her to learn? French, Italian, Mexican, Meditteranean, Fish n Chips? As for a recommendation of schools for European dining i would highly recommend the courses in French cuisine at the Le Cordon Bleu. That said i can not reccommend the Thai classes at same school. A 2-3 Michelin star Chef in the French cuisine and a bronze medal winner in fruit carving on the Thai side doth not compare. PM me if you need recipes or some tips and tricks in the kitchen. - Executive Chefcowboy.gif

My little brainchild would be a school teaching Thai "chefs" how to cook eggs. Then give a sticker for the restaurant window certifying "All cooks here have been to egg cooking school" or something to that effect. Over easy, medium and the thai favorite "destroyed eggs", poached, sunny side up, real omelets not scrambled eggs mixed with stuff. Omelets with the egg whites whipped so the omelete is tall and fluffy like the rat dog that is barking next door.....yes and even soft boiled or hard boiled eggs. Now that would be a useful school...

My little brainchild would be a school teaching Thai "chefs" how to cook eggs. Then give a sticker for the restaurant window certifying "All cooks here have been to egg cooking school" or something to that effect. Over easy, medium and the thai favorite "destroyed eggs", poached, sunny side up, real omelets not scrambled eggs mixed with stuff. Omelets with the egg whites whipped so the omelete is tall and fluffy like the rat dog that is barking next door.....yes and even soft boiled or hard boiled eggs. Now that would be a useful school...

Egg cookery is a very important subject to be learned in culinary school. The pleats of the Chefs hat has 100 pleats in it an represents the many ways he or she should be able to produce an egg.i.e omelette, souffle, poached, soft boiled and all variations. When you start to understand the chemistry of eggs and the albumin in it and how it adds lift and moisture to other foods it is truly the versatility giant. As a binder and such their is very little substitute. Did you know you can make Ceaser dressing with cooked egg yolks as it still maintains its emulsification properties and thus alleviates the salmonella danger? I know crazy, right?biggrin.gif Why people don't do this i haven't a clue. Peas be with you!

Egg cookery is a very important subject to be learned in culinary school. The pleats of the Chefs hat has 100 pleats in it an represents the many ways he or she should be able to produce an egg.i.e omelette, souffle, poached, soft boiled and all variations. When you start to understand the chemistry of eggs and the albumin in it and how it adds lift and moisture to other foods it is truly the versatility giant. As a binder and such their is very little substitute. Did you know you can make Ceaser dressing with cooked egg yolks as it still maintains its emulsification properties and thus alleviates the salmonella danger? I know crazy, right?biggrin.gif Why people don't do this i haven't a clue. Peas be with you!

That's what I'm talking about. I would be happy to find a local restaurant where they could cook eggs "over easy". Not asking much here but in 15 years I have lived in SE Asia, I have only had my eggs done over easy once. This was in Thailand.