Types Of Sunflower Seeds

I have 3 seeds.

Big black seed with white stripes

Big White seed with black stripes

and little black seeds.

This is not for farming, just to grow along a fence on a few spare Rai that is cleared and settleing.

Which ones grow the fastest if their is a difference.

Which one are for oil and which ones for eating.

If nothing else, they will look pretty and have some roots in the ground helping with erosion. rolleyes.gif

Chut-A-Chuck market in Chonburi City in a pet shop !!!!! Saw them so I bought them all !!!! Had to many regrets not getting something when I see it............mai-me !

I can't remember exactly, I didn't take much notice, I think the little all black ones were in a half kilo bag for 40b or it could have been 30b. Sold as Parrot food.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, the first pic is from a seed shop between R/R tracks and Lotus L/H side as you come into Korat

from the west. The also Have a shop in PacChong. 500g and 1K bags.

The next pics are from Native American Seed Search in AZ. I gave seed to my SIL by Phi Mai to grow, the pics

are from her her sisters daughters planting from 'saves seeds' from the original planting.

This is planted on fill that was used to raise the land to build a house.

rice555

post-37242-0-96213800-1311317292_thumb.j

post-37242-0-46847700-1311317582_thumb.j

post-37242-0-80795100-1311317676_thumb.j

post-37242-0-25276800-1311317802_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Thanks Rice,

I got some price from Pacific Seeds a few months ago. Now they are giving away a shirt? Well thats it must rush in and buy a bag.

FEF bought some corn seed from them, but it didnt grow. In fact it never got out of the bags, travelled backwards and forwards around Thailand on a bus for a while and is now sitting on the window ledge of a condo admiring the ocean view. B)