True: Truly Horrible (again)

Firefoxx

Getting on average about 80k today. It was tolerable before, but today it's just awful. Anyone else? Local speeds, are of course, not affected.

Edit:

After checking their network status page, it shows that one of their 800mbit international links is down. Considering that that's more than 1/3 of their total international bandwidth, then the resulting performance is probably to be expected.

Edited by Firefoxx

I wonder why True doesn't notify its users that an international link is going to be down and for how long like KSC does.

But, getting back to a question I have. Is anyone using the 2Mb on demand that True started offering about six months ago. Is it still available, and how do you log onto it? What's the cost per hour, and how do you get charged? I'm currently back to dial-up as my ADSL line was disconnected because of some year-old 500 baht bill that no one at their office can find on their computers. What a nightmare.

80k ? That's fast....I got 5k...

Called Customer "Service", and it was slow due to the (CAT !) international links down as described. I got them to agree that they will take THB 40 (my rate per day for 2.5 mbps) off the account every time the links are down for more then several hours. I think this is a problem True can not fix though. It's CAT = the government. Good luck for all.

Getting on average about 80k today.  It was tolerable before, but today it's just awful.  Anyone else?  Local speeds, are of course, not affected.

Edit:

After checking their network status page, it shows that one of their 800mbit international links is down.  Considering that that's more than 1/3 of their total international bandwidth, then the resulting performance is probably to be expected.

80k ? That's fast....I got 5k...

Called Customer "Service", and it was slow due to the (CAT !) international links down as described. I got them to agree that they will take THB 40 (my rate per day for 2.5 mbps) off the account every time the links are down for more then several hours. I think this is a problem True can not fix though. It's CAT = the government. Good luck for all.

Getting on average about 80k today.  It was tolerable before, but today it's just awful.  Anyone else?  Local speeds, are of course, not affected.

Edit:

After checking their network status page, it shows that one of their 800mbit international links is down.  Considering that that's more than 1/3 of their total international bandwidth, then the resulting performance is probably to be expected.

I agree that we should not pay TRUE the full subscription price if we don't get decent service.

As for the poor international links, they have been repeating the same thing every time I called them. However, this cannot be accepted as an excuse any longer. TRUE has been providing ADSL 'service' for a long time and, by now, they should have been able to solve the problem. To me, if they are unable to provide real broadband Internet service (regardless of the reason), they should simply stop advertising and selling what they can't deliver, and move out of this business.

I don't want to get 5 emails every day.....

I wonder why True doesn't notify its users that an international link is going to be down and for how long like KSC does.

But, getting back to a question I have. Is anyone using the 2Mb on demand that True started offering about six months ago. Is it still available, and how do you log onto it? What's the cost per hour, and how do you get charged? I'm currently back to dial-up as my ADSL line was disconnected because of some year-old 500 baht bill that no one at their office can find on their computers. What a nightmare.

No, MMOGs doesn't kill bandwitdh. Many of them are optimised for low-bandwith-users and as such are very soft on the overall usage of your ADSL-line.

Infact, you will use more bandwidth simply surfing pages that isn't in the cache. And not taking too long time to read every page. =)

From my email to Support Team: Thank you for contact True. We apologize for any inconvenience you found on our service. In case you need further information, please contact Internet Services Call Center 0-2900-9000 for 24 hrs.

I always get the same answer from True and when I phoned Internet Services Call Center they said, contact support Team, so I guess I will never get an answer from True!