What Computer Do You Have?

WebBangkok

OK I will go first.

Its not a gaming laptop, just enough and a bit more to do my work.

Lenovo Ideapad z360

CPU: Intel i5 2.67 GHz Dual C

Ram: 4GB

HD: 640GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia 310M

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (Genuine Software)

I have a couple of desktops too, but there real sheet house. I would like to purchase a real nice desktop soon hopefully.

Buy a Mac!!!

Mac's are overpriced and anything stuffs up on it you got to send it away from while.

Something stuffs up on a PC, you walk down the street and buy the new part.

Anyway, I have had this discussion 10000 times, especially when my friend has a Mac and he keeps telling me how great (sheet) it is.

Buy a Mac!!!

Mac's are overpriced and anything stuffs up on it you got to send it away from while.

Anyway, I have had this discussion 10000 times, especially when my friend has a Mac and he keeps telling me how great (sheet) it is.

only if you know which bit to buy. ( Macs tend not to go wrong and no viruses)

Buy a Mac!!!

Well, with 'IFs' we can argue anything.

IF you have a very basic understanding of good practices while using a computer you can safely use a PC with no problems. I have a 3 year-old laptop, that first came with XP. I installed Win7 more than a year ago and have yet to experience a crash or a reboot for something else than installing updates.

One of the big risks taken by Mac users right now is that they assume they are 100% safe... While safety is better than on PC, it is not absolute, and false impression some users have that nothing can happen to them makes them pretty vulnerable to malware. See the recent attacks (I think the malware name was MacDefender or something like that).

In summary: don't listen to cliches while looking for a computer. Take time to weigh pros and cons, even better: give it a try. Some love Mac interface, some really feel uncomfortable with it... same for PC. It is a personal choice. There's no "best".

It's not the computer that gets a virus it's the operating system. ;)

I did know that!! Macs come with their own operating system built in! ( Leopard/ Lion etc) and they don't get viruses , unlike the majority of people who run windows on PCs

Ok, let's not turn this into a Mac versus PC topic. I have just ordered parts for a major upgrade for my PC and will post the specs later. Photos may be included of the construction. ;) I've never bought a prebuilt PC except for a netbook as I prefer to select my own components and build it myself.

Ok, let's not turn this into a Mac versus PC topic. I have just ordered parts for a major upgrade for my PC and will post the specs later. Photos may be included of the construction. ;) I've never bought a prebuilt PC except for a netbook as I prefer to select my own components and build it myself.

No problem, I was trying to joke with my first comment!

But seriously, if you don't know much about the insides of a computer and it goes wrong, it's likely you will have to take it into a shop anyway. A friend of mine, who edits video, has been having problems for months which he can't sort out ( firewire connection/ blue screen etc) and he seems to know a bit about what he is doing.

I've got several computers...

The Flagship being...

Alienware m18x - Intel® Core™ i7 2820QM, 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz, Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6970M

Then my desktop is a home built one, i dont remember the exact specs but it was built for gaming about 18mths ago.

Then my (ready to throw away) Asus g50 gamers republic which ive had for nearly 3 years.

Yes, i'm a geek and a gamer :)

My current "main" PC, (home built).

CPU - q9650 OC'd @ 4.2Ghz.

MoBo - Asus Rampage Extreme.

GPU - GTX 460 x 2.

RAM - 8gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 @ 1600Mhz.

PSU - Coolermaster 1000w modular.

Cooling - EK Water cooling, 2 x .240 radiators/CPU block/GPU blocks/pump/res.

Case - CoolerMaster HAF-X.

Screen - 32" HDTV LCD.

Its getting a bit old now so will be upgraded shortly to a new sandy bridge once I have some spare time to do so.

Edited by Spoonman

I have an iMac 2,8 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 24", 4GB RAM, 320 GB HD nearly 3 years old. And unlike some people say, I have to replace the hard disk the first year and it took only 2 days at Apple Mac Zone in Chiang Mai. Never had the slightest problem since.

I have also a Mac Book Pro 13", 2,26 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD more than 2 years old, never had any problem.

Never got a single virus and I don't know what is a crash. The iMac is running 24/7 and the CPU is usually around 47° C.

Buy a Mac!!!

That's unfortunately not true. As a matter of fact, the highest number of new vulnerabilities are found in Apple software. Higher than Microsoft.

My desktop is a no name that Somchai upgraded in his little local shop. It has run great for the past two years. It is a dual core Intel with a cheap Asus mainboard and three gig of RAM. The upgrade cost me a total of 8,000 baht.