Documents For Quick Wedding

drum

You will need an 'affirmation of freedom to marry' obtained, in the first instance, by typing out your own version of the example on the link in the above post (When I was at the UK embassy in Bangkok someone was turned away because they just printed out the example!).

This needs to be signed and stamped by the consular affairs people at the Embassy. You can, I believe, complete this part of the process in one day if you arrive early (more details about this are on the website).

Then, you will need to have that document translated into the Thai language and signed/stamped by the Thai MFA in Cheang Wattana. I would recommend using the translation service inside the MFA building, it's on the ground floor near the 7-11 as you walk in the door. They're just as cheap, if not cheaper, than others and, if there are any issues regarding the translation, they're easily fixed without going back into town.

This process can also, in theory, be completed in one day, possibly not the same day as the UK embassy part, both offices require a fair amount of sitting around with a numbered ticket in your hand!

Once you have your affirmation to marry in English and Thai all signed and stamped by the relevant authorities, then you can go to any Amphur in the Kingdom and become legally married.

Best way to get to the MFA, by the way, is BTS to Mo Chit, taxi's are waiting outside the station. Make sure they don't drop you off at the Immigration part of the complex (it's a big complex!) or you'll need another taxi to the MFA!

Good luck, take a ticket and sit down :)