Don'T Get Married

oh, i would prefer to have 1 and 2. Congrats i guess..lol

Why, what happened to you?

Nothing - my wife was one of the above :rolleyes:

i've just seen another guy do it when there is absolutely no need - divorced Thai woman he met on the internet who has a kid.

wow, talk about simplifying such an important issue.

Solid advice, think not.

Getting married just because she is rich? What, are you a manwhore/boytoy wannabe?

Getting married only because she is pregnant is a 1920s mentality, which has proven to be wrong.

It is not in the childs best interest to be marrried just because the child exists.

If the marriage is not of the good one (50/50) the kid will sooner or later know the situation is just because of him/her.

For some, the kid will soon be to blame for the miserable situation as well.

IMO The combination of love/practical reasons (live together with the loved one) would be among the better reasons.

Solid advice, think not.

Getting married just because she is rich? What, are you a manwhore/boytoy wannabe?

Getting married only because she is pregnant is a 1920s mentality, which has proven to be wrong.

It is not in the childs best interest to be marrried just because the child exists.

If the marriage is not of the good one (50/50) the kid will sooner or later know the situation is just because of him/her.

IMO The combination of love/practical reasons (live together with the loved one) would be among the better reasons.

Wrong! It was excellent advice. The only reason to get married is to raise a family and these are not the best of times to do that.

Considering all the facts that I can think of, yes solid advice.

At least I bet ya, rich Thai women are not of the stupid stock.

I imagine there is just a little tongue biting going on...

My last wife's husband was a heck of a nice guy. He called me up and asked me if he could do anything for me, loan me money or did I need to borrow his truck to move our furniture or any financial help with the wedding expenses. He was serious about it. He offered to counsel me on any eccentricities his ex wife might have to make our marriage go smoother. At the time I was thoroughly impressed with the guy and wondered why my wife had divorced him. She told me her ex was an unhappy man but every time I met him he was extremely cheerful. I eventually figured it out. :annoyed:

My last wife's husband was a heck of a nice guy. He called me up and asked me if he could do anything for me, loan me money or did I need to borrow his truck to move our furniture or any financial help with the wedding expenses. He was serious about it. He offered to counsel me on any eccentricities his ex wife might have to make our marriage go smoother. At the time I was thoroughly impressed with the guy and wondered why my wife had divorced him. She told me her ex was an unhappy man but every time I met him he was extremely cheerful. I eventually figured it out. :annoyed:

Lol.....good post....bet he is still smiling and telling yarns down the pub.

You know, there is something called 'pre-nuptial agreement' :)

Instead of deciding not to get married, why don't you go for one of those agreements when marrying ?!

In many Western countries these pre-nups are declared "void" once you want to enforce them.

That's why you never - ever - marry in a Western country.

If you don't believe me, read up the legal situation for men and how they fleece you. At least now we have internet and there is no excuse "I didn't know that" when it comes to divorce.

In Thailand the situation is still better. You basically pay some Sin Sod at the beginning. Don't bring your assets here and don't buy property, then you don't need to worry too much.

Solid advice, think not.

Wrong! It was excellent advice. The only reason to get married is to raise a family and these are not the best of times to do that.

So, if a one night stand lady gets pregnant, you marry her?

Solid advice, think not.

Haven't you been paying any attention?

Rule #2 states:

2) Only if she is rich.

some people just don't pay any attention.

Solid advice, think not.

Haven't you been paying any attention?

Rule #2 states:

2) Only if she is rich.

some people just don't pay any attention.

Where does it say ONLY if she is rich?