Removals Uk To Chiang Mai

SKguy

I'm planning to move some household effects from England (Surrey) to Chiang Mai. I am looking for a reliable company that could manage this for me. Could anyone who has previously had a similar removal experience, please offer any advice as to the best way to go about this, for example by way of recommending a company? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi their and i shipped a 20 foot container from uk to chiang mai. and it was not to much of a problem,as someone said why you not contact uk company as they can get the red tape sorted out,When i did this 5 years ago the container arrived bkk and then i got a call from customs in bkk and had to go to the customs office in bkk and if you want more details pm me as somethings i want explain to you how thai system works ??

AGS Four Winds has an office in both UK and Thailand http://www.agsmovers...anches/view/133

Hi their and i shipped a 20 foot container from uk to chiang mai. and it was not to much of a problem,as someone said why you not contact uk company as they can get the red tape sorted out,When i did this 5 years ago the container arrived bkk and then i got a call from customs in bkk and had to go to the customs office in bkk and if you want more details pm me as somethings i want explain to you how thai system works ??

AGS Four Winds has an office in both UK and Thailand http://www.agsmovers...anches/view/133

Edited by SKguy

Thanks for that recommendation, I think I will need a part container but will check out Seven Seas.

Seven Seas, they will give you boxes and give you a choice of pick up from BKK or delivery. Used them very good and professional. Sorry do not have URL, google them

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, its certain personal items only that I want to send. Thanks

Dont bother you will end up paying to get your belongings and you can buy better furniture here . Just import personal belongings .

I used a company called pods cargo [ do a google search] in the UK that are based at Heathrow to move my personal belongings I also use them to ship large quantities of books over here at least twice a year. I have had no problems with them in the 5 years I've been using their services. From the Bangkok - Chiang Mai end I use schenker who have an office in CM to deal with the port authorities at Bangkok and freight forward the goods to Chiang Mai again they always provide an excellent service.

Thanks for that recommendation, I think I will need a part container but will check out Seven Seas.

Seven Seas, they will give you boxes and give you a choice of pick up from BKK or delivery. Used them very good and professional. Sorry do not have URL, google them

Just sent 10 x T Chest sized boxes (max 40 Kgms)back to LOS with 7 Seas and they certainly appear to be on the ball.

We had a student stay for 6 months so a few bits and pieces (Mulbery handbags..??) + some of wifes stuff had to go so boxes were delivered when requested and picked up as said with what appears to be good rates.

Recon on about 6 weeks to get to the depot in Bangers so will post on landing. :)

Now talking about a shared container with some Thai friends...so

http://www.sswstudentservices.com/homepage/default.aspx

http://www.sswstudentservices.com/homepage/default.aspx

Hi, You can send us the post message for inquiry.

We are member of Chiangmai Expat Club and take care of a lot of

import and export shipment for Chiangmai Expat.

Jula from Intermover Thailand

(66) 089 636 2058

Hi, You can send us the post message for inquiry.

We are member of Chiangmai Expat Club and take care of a lot of

import and export shipment for Chiangmai Expat.

Jula from Intermover Thailand

Yes, arrange a 20-footer with an English shipper, and have a 4-hour container-loading party with as many mates as possible, many hands make light work, and then retire to the Pub once it's closed & sealed !

When we moved from Kent to Changers (several years ago), we found it helpful to also have a local-agent here, to arrange the tea-money with the Customs, and shipment up from the port & a gang of men to unload here at our new home. They'll need to borrow your spouse's Thai-passport to arrange clearance. They all have a good relationship with Customs !

And I'm assuming that you know it will be nominally 'duty-free', as the household-belongings of a Thai national, who's been resident overseas for more than a year ? ! Total-cost several-years-ago was about two grand all-in !

Happy Moving & Welcome to Chiang Mai ! B)