Booking Ticket For Thai Wife, Paying From Uk

Eastender

Hi,

My wife will be flying BKK to London in January next year. I'm in the UK and want to pay for her ticket by credit card. I don't want to book through a UK agency as it may complicate things.

So I'm looking for an agency in Bangkok she can book through, and I can then give my c.c. details to. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

My wife will be flying BKK to London in January next year.  I'm in the UK and want to pay for her ticket by credit card.  I don't want to book through a UK agency as it may complicate things.

So I'm looking for an agency in Bangkok she can book through, and I can then give my c.c. details to.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Eastender, I do not see how things 'may get complicated' booking through a UK agency, I booked and paid for my wife to travel from Khon Kaen to London through a high street agency using my card, was all done painlessly, in fact quite pleasantly face to face with a nice young lady, a computer and a cup of coffe to boot. Wife (& son) here in UK within 4 days. I see the possibility of complications more in your proposed path. Good luck, whatever you do.

Hi,

My wife will be flying BKK to London in January next year.  I'm in the UK and want to pay for her ticket by credit card.  I don't want to book through a UK agency as it may complicate things.

So I'm looking for an agency in Bangkok she can book through, and I can then give my c.c. details to.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Eastender, I do not see how things 'may get complicated' booking through a UK agency, I booked and paid for my wife to travel from Khon Kaen to London through a high street agency using my card, was all done painlessly, in fact quite pleasantly face to face with a nice young lady, a computer and a cup of coffe to boot. Wife (& son) here in UK within 4 days. I see the possibility of complications more in your proposed path. Good luck, whatever you do.

if you will pay the ticket in london and the passenger is in bangkok, it is called PTA (PREPAID TICKECT ADVANCE) which is quite expensive than the ticket where the passenger ic coming from. (its ticket price +tax + PTA charge).

Hi,

Thanks.

Surely you are joking. If you've been to Thailand you should know that it would never be as simple as giving your credit card details over the telphone.

What are you thinking?

If you are lucky, you may get away with faxing a copy of your passport, together with both sides of your credit card and a signed confirmation of your permission to debit your CC.

Try; http://www.travelconnecxion.com/ or http://www.atninter.com/

It will be best to make initial contact by telephone. Charlie for the first company. Mr Lee for the second.

Use 0844 861 49 49 to call for 1p per minute from your BT landline.

Let me know how you get on.

Edited by valentinoxxx

Might be an idea to see if you can wire here funds to buy the ticket herself, and use the CC to cover some of your usual cash expenses instead. There's alot less complications with her using a ticket she purchased herself.

cv

Eastender you can Moneygramme or Western Union the money to your wife from the UK using your credit card. It will probably work out cheapr than you trying to pay for the flight here.

I know that it is sometimes difficult to do so when my hubby was arranging a flight I just called Western union freephone number and sent the cash diecrtly from my mastercard (cos I didn't have the hard cash!!) - not ideal her carrying so much cash but saves a lot of haslle and you will probably get a cheaper deal.

Edited by caledonia