Cambodia Border Run

I have just extended a tourist visa for 30 days (cost 1,900 baht) but my flight to the UK is in about 39 days. Immigration advised me that I could do a land border run to get another 15 days when the 30 days expires, or I could extend for a further 7 days (another 1,900 baht) and pay one or two days overstay (they thought it would probably count as just one day) on my departure.

I have reason to think that the land border run may be the best option for me. If I do a run to Cambodia, do I need to enter Cambodia and pay a visa / entry fee, or is it simply an exit stamp from Thailand with an immediate re-entry? Please bear in mind that I have no interest in visiting Cambodia, all I need is the 15 days of extra stay in Thailand.

Thanks, Mario.

That's what I thought, but the official at Thai immigration Chaeng Wattana said I could do it without a Cambodian visa. Maybe Thai nationals can cross for free and that's what she was getting confused with.

the fee for entering Cambodia is 1000 baht, the 100 baht for not staying 1 night and where i go have to pay some lad 300 baht to deal with things. visa stamp take a whole page in passport plus 2 stamps. should be $20 us as it says on visa but of course thats only 600 baht.

Edited by NALAK

the fee for entering Cambodia is 1000 baht, the 100 baht for not staying 1 night and where i go have to pay some lad 300 baht to deal with things. visa stamp take a whole page in passport plus 2 stamps. should be $20 us as it says on visa but of course thats only 600 baht.

So pay 20 USD rather than use Thai Baht, that would be my advice.

You are being screwed - twice !!

I presume you are going through Aranyapatet or Cong Chom.

There, they expect 1,000 Baht. Normally only have to pay the 'mafia' at Chong Chom 100 baht to process everything.

It was refreshingly different at Chong Sa Ngam/Co Am - they were happy to take $20 - no extras anywhere.