The Bar Formerly Known As Tuskers

Greenside

Arrived for the CMPG meeting this week to find another round of renovation in progress with new owners Niels and Am preparing to open this weekend as Dutch Delicious. Niels is from Amsterdam and has, he told me, served time as a chef so their aim is to widen and upgrade the food offering while continuing to promote the accommodation added by the Red Mango. His wife Am is charming and they kindly laid on an impromptu buffet for us that bodes well of things to come. Possibly not the easiest weekend to be opening a new venture given the alcohol ban, but I wish them all the best anyway.

Well, they just moved in right, no need to buy anything; the place is rented. They apparenlty sold it when they left, so on that there is profit. If there is also profit when taking their time/salary and operating costs into account is doubtful I guess?

At least someone new will be making good use of an excellent venue, well done to Red Mango for keeping at a going concern, although I was never in town to enjoy it...

Yeh agreed...Fantastic venue and even better parking,with the option of never been able to play music reasonably loud,due to the guesthouses opposite....

Still sunday dinners are ok apparantly :)

So the people that had it after it was Tuskers have already gone :blink: ??

Are you surprised ?

Why should'nt I be?, the previous owners were only there 6 or 7 months and must have invested a great deal of time and energy into it.

At least someone new will be making good use of an excellent venue, well done to Red Mango for keeping at a going concern, although I was never in town to enjoy it...

Yeh agreed...Fantastic venue and even better parking,with the option of never been able to play music reasonably loud,due to the guesthouses opposite....

Still sunday dinners are ok apparantly :)

:lol: I guess it actually takes effort in Chiang Mai to find a location where parking is truly a challenge. The other one in that category (but highly successful regardless) is Chez Marco.

Are you surprised ?

Why should'nt I be?, the previous owners were only there 6 or 7 months and must have invested a great deal of time and energy into it.

Well, there must have been a reason for the first owners to get rid of the place. :) (When it was named Tuskers)

Are you surprised ?

Well, there must have been a reason for the first owners to get rid of the place. :) (When it was named Tuskers)

Obviously