Tiger Warranty Issues

Hello Was just wondering anybody has experienced any problems with warranty issues . I am just wondering because I took my bike with 5000 kms in for service because of a noisy engine 1 ( diagnosed as bad camshaft ) Replaced and still noisy . 2 (replaced oil pump ) Still noisy. At this point I still do not have the bike back and no indication of when I will get it back . " It has been over 3 Weeks since I have taken it in !" It would not be as bad if I had a second bike to use , but I only have the Boxer at this time and no loaner was offered . A little consolation is the service center advised me the repairs were free ! Yah Free , but that does not help me when I have to pay 200 baht a day for a rental .

Any one have a CBR 400 or Yamaha 400 they would like to part with ! I need a replacement bike asp. Thanks Mister

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the cbr250 topic you can read about engine warranty repairs taking longer time than your 3 weeks

My 1,6 million baht 2008 Honda Accord had blue front discs/rotors and glazed pads after 20k km/ 3 months since new. Took 10 days to replace on warranty.

In the cbr250 topic you can read about engine warranty repairs taking longer time than your 3 weeks

My 1,6 million baht 2008 Honda Accord had blue front discs/rotors and glazed pads after 20k km/ 3 months since new. Took 10 days to replace on warranty.

You mean 10 Days for parts to arrive, and 30 mins to change ,my wfe did the same, i hope u2 dont meet head on.:jap:

You mean 10 Days for parts to arrive, and 30 mins to change ,my wfe did the same, i hope u2 dont meet head on.:jap:

something like that, doesnt matter why it takes 10 days. 3 months after purchase it was 10 days out of the service it was intended for. Warranty in Thailand :unsure:

back home both benz and vw/audi provides a free loaner if they cant repair same day, even after warranty expired, as long as you keep it serviced according to schedule.

misterkeeperofthereef,

three weeks are not such a long time. Where are you living? In the north or east? Sure every "unusual" part has to be send to your service center first.

I have heard that Tiger is buying the Boxer engines as complete units from their supplier. May be difficult to replace the camshaft, may not. What Boxer do you own and how long?

Hope you get your bike fixed asap. And if not: What is a little noise from the engine, as long as the bike is running ;)

Wantan.. You are getting confused the Boxer engine is made by Tiger in Thailand.

The X-road engine is supplied in built up form from their supplier.

How do i know? Saw them building the engines on the last factory tour (including the engine case milling machines)

But i believe that the manufacture of the Boxer is currently on hold as they are transitioning to a Fuel Injection setup. Which may take some time.......... :D

In Thailand, time is rarely of the essence.

Thailand is a nation where mechanics are trained by the company or experience; rich companies have an advantage in being able to train networks of workers.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki are huge companies with dealerships that can afford to stock parts. Suzuki has reorganized to fewer, official, dealers, but may join them.

Tiger is a small company. Its warranty is superior; its resources smaller. Pays yer money and makes yer choice. Some lesser known bikes here in Thailand are in Beta.

On the other hand, you will find many stories among those who purchase second hand bikes, particularly those machines long in Thailand, which involve months and months' time to repair and restore to worthwhile driving. I think that the greatest delays attache to these, overall.

misterkeeperofthereef,

i do not want to say that thaicbr is lying. I wanted to tell you that Tiger Motor does not build engines, that break down after just 5000km. misterkeeperofthereef, you can PM me if you want.

Our Samsung 42" TV intermittently went black after 7 months or so. Had it repaired under warranty came back with the same issue. 2 more returns later, still the same! The 4th repair seems to work so far though I am not holding my breath. The TV was out for nearly 2 months in the first year of ownership and countless hours wasted taking it back/ talking to customer service.

Guess what I will not buy the next time I shop for a TV?

The moral of the story is: Good service counts for nothing if the product is crap.

Tiger seems to suffer from a severe lack of initial quality. Which is not surprising given their very low prices.

It seems that we are both wrong.

I have been informed that the engine is based on a Zongshen unit. AND IS 60% import, 40% local made.

Apologies.

No problem. But why are you so involved with this question? You do not own a Boxer. There are people having trouble with their engine. I have trouble with my engine too (oil leaking, stuttering, noisy, ...).

I still have no reason to doubt, that the engine of the Tiger Boxer 250RS is built in China and is delivered to Tiger as complete unit. OK, maybe Tiger is adding the kickstarter and is painting the cylinder head cover red. But i guess it is not much more.

Edited by wantan

Wantan. Correct i do not own a Boxer. Why am i so concerned? well i'm not really.

Have i been annoyed by a concerted effort by a few to discredit Tiger then yes.

I like Tiger as a company and i'm hoping that in time they will produce bigger bikes (say 350-400cc)

If i believe some one is giving incorrect information i will try and say so.

BUT as you can see if i'm wrong i will also apologise.

As for the problems with your engine I'm sure it will be sorted eventually and i wish you luck...

Just to put it in perspective if you google the Honda Cbr 250r you will find they are having similar problems. And according to some not handling it very well.

I believe that Tiger do actually try and help

( but there is a problem with culture and language sometimes)

Ps. The Cbr is a bike that i intend purchasing even knowing that there may be problems. Why not a Tiger you will ask. It's that the bikes they do currently will not do what i want them to do. Simple.

Wantan. Correct i do not own a Boxer. Why am i so concerned? well i'm not really.

I like Tiger as a company and i'm hoping that in time they will produce bigger bikes (say 350-400cc)

As for the problems with your engine I'm sure it will be sorted eventually and i wish you luck...

Just to put it in perspective if you google the Honda Cbr 250r you will find they are having similar problems. And according to some not handling it very well.

Ps. The Cbr is a bike that i intend purchasing even knowing that there may be problems. Why not a Tiger you will ask. It's that the bikes they do currently will not do what i want them to do. Simple.

So you not have a Tiger motorcycle, never owned a Tiger, nor did you have to deal with Tiger for service or warranty? Basically you have a few friends who have Tiger motorcycles, right?

Now I have a few friends who have all sorts of motorcycles, and we all know friends sometimes tell the story they experienced a bit different than the truth, especially when one of your friends is actually selling Tiger Motorcycles.

Maybe I'm wrong – but for somebody who never owned a Tiger motorcycle you are very defensive, are you working for Tiger Motorcycle or do you share any other commercial interest?

Edited by Duindam

So you not have a Tiger motorcycle, never owned a Tiger, nor did you have to deal with Tiger for service or warranty? Basically you have a few friends who have Tiger motorcycles, right?

Now I have a few friends who have all sorts of motorcycles, and we all know friends sometimes tell the story they experienced a bit different than the truth, especially when one of your friends is actually selling Tiger Motorcycles.

Maybe I'm wrong but for somebody who never owned a Tiger motorcycle you are very defensive, are you working for Tiger Motorcycle or do you share any other commercial interest?

Duindam, i do not believe, that thaicbr is sharing commercial interests in promoting Tiger. He is part of a group that likes biking and which has one member who has sold Tigers. Not more, not less.

thaicbr, thank you for clarifying your view. I too would like to see more competition on the Thai motorcycle market. And i hope that more other manufacturers are growing in Thailand and one day customers have a real choice to select the bike that fits to their needs.

Edited by katabeachbum
Remarks about another member and his business has been removed

Actually Wantan.. Your wrong and Duindam is correct.

I actually OWN Tiger Motorcycles LTD company. I am a multi millionaire with my own private jet and fly around the world searching for business opportunity's.

In fact i have just come back from Dubai after talking to a man about a new contract to provide scooters to every school kid so they can take their Tablet computer to school.

:DB):DB)

Ps: Wantan. No problem.

Edited by thaicbr

Bangkok.

Wanted the valve clearance and shims checked. Best to let the engine cool down fully, was happy to leave it in overnight and let them service it the following morning.

Think that Hili, or one of the others left his bike in with Honda for a few weeks and they gave him a scooter for the time it took to sort everything out.

Edited by hehehoho

Well here is the follow up ! They dropped the bike off to my house at 9 am July 21 st .( That is 23 days.) I took the bike for a ride to Rimping and back about a 50km ride . When i arrived home I proceeded to wipe to oil off my left foot and leg . Upon further inspection I checked to make sure all the bolts were tight . To my surprise I found 3 bolts that had been stripped . One on the right side of the crankcase and 1 on the left . The cylinder head has one stripped bolt hole . This did not cure the oil leak which I believe is coming from the head .

The service shop scratched up the clutch side cover removing and re-installing the engine and dropped the fuel filler cap on the ground alt least 2 times denting it and scratching up the paint . Would you take your bike back to them after experiencing the service from I have experienced ?????

I Tiger Warranty said they would paint them for me if I took them off and sent them to them .

Tiger Warrenty advised me that I could ship it to them at my expense 1200-1300 baht . After being without a bike for three weeks I can not afford to go without a bike another 3 weeks and tirerd of paying 200 baht a day for a replacement bike

ok then. well nothing i can add.

Other than talk to him again and explain the problems clearly and slowly to ensure that it is understood.

And also take it back to the service centre and explain the problems (they did the work after all)

Best of luck

Well here is the follow up ! They dropped the bike off to my house at 9 am July 21 st .( That is 23 days.) I took the bike for a ride to Rimping and back about a 50km ride . When i arrived home I proceeded to wipe to oil off my left foot and leg . Upon further inspection I checked to make sure all the bolts were tight . To my surprise I found 3 bolts that had been stripped . One on the right side of the crankcase and 1 on the left . The cylinder head has one stripped bolt hole . This did not cure the oil leak which I believe is coming from the head .

The service shop scratched up the clutch side cover removing and re-installing the engine and dropped the fuel filler cap on the ground alt least 2 times denting it and scratching up the paint . Would you take your bike back to them after experiencing the service from I have experienced ?????

I Tiger Warranty said they would paint them for me if I took them off and sent them to them .

Tiger Warrenty advised me that I could ship it to them at my expense 1200-1300 baht . After being without a bike for three weeks I can not afford to go without a bike another 3 weeks and tirerd of paying 200 baht a day for a replacement bike

Not sure i understood this correctly. The first try to repair your bike failed. And now after the second try you got your bike delivered with "3 stripped bolts" on the engine? You do not mean 3 forgotten or lost bolts? You mean broken off bolts/screws? Wow, thats is no fun and no good customer service. I guess the outer parts of the engine have to get carefully disassembled and rebuild then. Do you think the initial problem (broken camshaft) has got fixed? Or is it still noisy?

If you send your bike to the factory in Samut Prakarn, it will for sure take at least 3 additional weeks to get it back. The mechanics at the factory are very busy too. And you also have to pay the shipping. How old is your bike? 5000km is not much. Tiger should be more cooperative i would say.

Op. When you say Tiger Warranty WHO have you been speaking with the service centre or Khun Pariya?

Also which service centre?

I have been talking with Pariya . The service Center is Rung Rueng spare Parts

I have had decent results from Supanich

It seems that Tiger service is getting worse since they introduced the X-Road, which supposedly should be a easy revenue creator, but as some parts which come from different suppliers and without passing the QC of Sachs Bikes – Tiger Motorcycles brought a bit more problems into the country than they apparently can handle.

Most of the mechanics seem busy fixing the problems with the X-Road, which means less qualified people working on the other motorcycles. Before Tiger was sending out teams of mechanics to all corners of Thailand to fix Tiger motorcycle... apparently some not have enough friends to get this service.

Most of the mechanics seem busy fixing the problems with the X-Road, which means less qualified people working on the other motorcycles. Before Tiger was sending out teams of mechanics to all corners of Thailand to fix Tiger motorcycle... apparently some not have enough friends to get this service.

There are only a few X-ROADS out there. Should not be much work to do to fix them. Most of the mechanics are fixing police Boxers. They seem to have much work with police Boxers and profitable service contracts. But Tiger was never sending out service teams through the country regulary. Only a few times. Most times the customer has to send the bike to the factory and pay the shipping.