Roll Bars..

Hi,

I'm collecting a new Ford Ranger in Bangkok next week and would like to put a roll bar on it..

Would like to know average cost (I know it depends which style, material etc), any recommendations of make or model ?

I've had a look at a few websites (CarryBoy etc plus a few 4x4 dealers in BKK) no prices on websites.

1st hand info is always the best...

Thanks

Remember roll bars for trucks are NOT roll bars, roll bars are welded/bolted to the chassis with strong large gauge steel, the stuff that is sold here is just to look cool and does nothing in a roll situation. :(

Exactly...and they are just bolted to the rim of the top of the tray....in a rollover the thing would be ripped out in an instant....really is just for look.

I would have preffered the real deal bolted to the chassis..but then this effects the space in the tray and the tray lining.

Also if I was you I would get a steel or alloy one, dependant on tastes as the other ones made from ?? not plastic but whatever that material is....it fades in the sun after a couple of years and looks like shit.

Exactly...and they are just bolted to the rim of the top of the tray....in a rollover the thing would be ripped out in an instant....really is just for look.

I would have preffered the real deal bolted to the chassis..but then this effects the space in the tray and the tray lining.

Also if I was you I would get a steel or alloy one, dependant on tastes as the other ones made from ?? not plastic but whatever that material is....it fades in the sun after a couple of years and looks like shit.

often they are not even bolted. self drilling screws into the top of bed

Carryboy in plastic covered steel, usually painted in cars color, so does not fade

dual stainless 304 steel 3"pipes with top light brackets I paid like 5k baht, bolted

often they are not even bolted. self drilling screws into the top of bed

Carryboy in plastic covered steel, usually painted in cars color, so does not fade

dual stainless 304 steel 3"pipes with top light brackets I paid like 5k baht, bolted

Yep, so OP, if you are fitting one for safety reasons, forget it. ;)

• 10 months later...

I see Ford has the option of what looks like a single ss "sports bar" have you asked 'em??

I collected my new Ford Ranger XLT in January and at the same time bought & paid for a bedliner and a genuine Ford double chrome sports bar. I was told that the bedliner had to be a Wildtrack underlip liner to fit the sports bar. Six months later, i still don't have it (nor do I have my white plates that were promised 5 months ago). All in all, i have come to the conclusion that Ford Thailand couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery, and that is if the beer was free.

I would prefer to fit the overlip bedliner which helps protect the paint to the tray, which i believe these are readily available, so if you know of any after market double chrome sports bar with integral stop light that will fit the new Ford Ranger, please let me know. Thanks

Edited by Kabinretiree