Large Plastic Water Tanks

My family and I are moving back to Issan towards the end of the year after about 4 years in Australia. The wife has seen the larger sizes of plastic rain water tanks we have here and would like to get one about 10000 litre for our home in Ubon. I have seen the smaller blue ones which I imagine are about 2000 litre in the hardware shops around Ubon. Are the bigger ones available in Thailand and if so what price range are they in.

Thanks for any assistance.

No replies to my request means that either the larger tanks are not available in Thailand or I have posted in the wrong forum. Could the moderators point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

No replies to my request means that either the larger tanks are not available in Thailand or I have posted in the wrong forum. Could the moderators point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

I would imagine that you would be able to order such a massive tank through the suppliers of smaller 2000 litre etc tanks. Not something they would stock I would assume since they are somewhat bulky lol..I have seen large tanks in rubber processors etc but they are steel methinks...

Gotta ask why so large ( irrigation , swimming pool?)? We have a farm but use a couple of 2k litre blue plastic units filled from wells.. not for irrigation .

If you have a real large one all your eggs are in one basket so to speak and any problems you are SOL.

Think I wold be inclined to have a tank farm of smaller ones...you can stick one in the back of your ute too. The 2000L tank is about 9k baht..Good luck

You could always build one of concrete! Probably cheaper....?

I can't answer the question whether 10m3 water tanks are available in Thailand or not. However, if you are planning to chose an above-ground tank do not chose the blue coloured type as they do let the UV-lights through. A better choice is the grey coloured types or those made from aluminium.

Yes you can get 1000/2000 litre tanks I have a 2000 litre," but do not buy the blue tanks" as you will have build up of algae on the inside (I know this from experience) you can buy a tank that comes from,I think,Germany it is black/dark on the inside that stops the algae,they more expensive to by but a lot better in the long term.

In answer to"why have such a large tank"have you ever been with out water?,and with a pump supplying the pressure to the house a good back up is a good thing.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks guys for the replies. At least now I know that the blue tanks are to be avoided. The reason we want to have a larger tank is that the wife wants to use rainwater for drinking/cooking/showering. We will connect a pressure pump so we have good pressure around the house and outside kitchen area. We also dont really want to have a bank of smaller tanks like we do now with the small concrete tanks, but if that is the largest available we will probably have to go with that albeit one of the non algae forming ones.

Thanks for you input

The last two houses I have cobbled together, we used standard well pipes to make 3, 4 or 5 freestanding water tanks up to 3m high that also served to give a 5-day supply when city water pressure was low or a nice windbreak or block the view of the neighbours sh!thouse.

If you intend to install the tank(s) under-ground please keep in mind that the soil will make movements on the tank, which could lead to a bursted pipe joint unless measures have been taken. You could either make a stabilization frame in concrete of fit flexible, but armoured, rubber gasket at the tank joints. The latter will allow the tank to move without risking the pipe to burst.

I have the concreted support for my water tanks but the feexible joints for my septic tanks. Both alternatives work well.