Good Restaurants Around Saladaeng Bts Station?

cwldanny

Hey guys,

My friends and I are looking for a place to eat sinner around saladaeng BTS, something not too pricey but still decent ( Less than 500 baht a person) Any cuisine is fine.

Could any of you point me to a good reataurant? Thank you!

In my opinion, the best restaurant next to the Saladaeng BTS would have to be the Beirut restaurant. They have great chicken, lamb & beef plates and the prices are quite cheap (190thb - 290thb a plate). Its in the same plaza as KFC and Subway. You cant see it from Silom rd as it is located in the back left section on the ground floor directly across from Subway. Just look for the KFC or Subway signs and you wont miss it.

<br />In my opinion, the best restaurant next to the Saladaeng BTS would have to be the Beirut restaurant.   They have great chicken, lamb & beef plates and the prices are quite cheap (190thb - 290thb a plate).  Its in the same plaza as KFC and Subway.  You cant see it from Silom rd as it is located in the back left section on the ground floor directly across from Subway.  Just look for the KFC or Subway signs and you wont miss it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Agreed - Beirut is great.

Banana House is also a good Thai restaurant; 2nd floor - near Beirut, closer to Soi 4 (look for the green sign above).

We live 2 blocks away and I think we've tried every restaurant around....here are my picks....

Beruit - as mentioned

Banana Leaf - basement of Silom Center. Excellent Thai, reasonable prices, little English spoken FYI

Shangarila - my favorite Chinese outside of Chinatown - 3rd floor Silom Center

Bug & Bee - some people hate this, but they make Thai dishes with crepe strips instead of noodles. I like it myself.

Beccofino Italian on Convent across from Christ Church

Roadhouse Grill on Rama IV and Sirawong

Several good raman/Japanese places on Soi Thanaya (spelling?)

Peyone Tea House on Saladang Soi 1

Treecreeper on Saladang Soi 1 - my favorite

Jim Thompson on Salandang Soi 1

Avoid...

Swiss Hotel/Cafe on Saladang Soi 2

Coyote on Convent - overpriced and average

a meal at any of the Irish pubs - drinks only

Italy 24 - meehhh...

If I think of others I'll post.

There's a number of eating places in soi convent. Just avoid the French restaurant indigo :P

Why? It's been a couple of years since I was last there but remember my meal was good. They used to have good lunch time specials.

Beccafino (Italian) has great lunch specials. Coyote (Mexican) is good for the nachos and margaritas. Banana Leaf (Thai) in Silom Complex is excellent and always busy. Many more on Saladang but above the 500 p/p price range.

Absolutely avoid Italy 24 on Convent or whatever it is called now. They keep changing the name but from day 1 it's been horrible.

We live 2 blocks away and I think we've tried every restaurant around....here are my picks....

Beruit - as mentioned

Banana Leaf - basement of Silom Center. Excellent Thai, reasonable prices, little English spoken FYI

Shangarila - my favorite Chinese outside of Chinatown - 3rd floor Silom Center

Bug & Bee - some people hate this, but they make Thai dishes with crepe strips instead of noodles. I like it myself.

Beccofino Italian on Convent across from Christ Church

Roadhouse Grill on Rama IV and Sirawong

Several good raman/Japanese places on Soi Thanaya (spelling?)

Peyone Tea House on Saladang Soi 1

Treecreeper on Saladang Soi 1 - my favorite

Jim Thompson on Salandang Soi 1

Avoid...

Swiss Hotel/Cafe on Saladang Soi 2

Coyote on Convent - overpriced and average

a meal at any of the Irish pubs - drinks only

Italy 24 - meehhh...

If I think of others I'll post.

Thank you all for the replies. I've heard a few bad comments regarding Treecreeper from friends (Bad service, overpriced, bland food) however perhaps it has changed if you visited recently?

I was also recommended a place called Barleys, which is a roof top bar with reasonable prices according to the menu on their website. Has anybody tried this place before?

Currently the Beirut restaurant looks promising.

My favorite is Coyote (in spite of the bad comment above). It's a bit pricy, but absolutely terrific Mexican food.

Indigo is very good French food (again contrary to the comment above).

I love the Road House.

Indeed, Indigo is a great place.

Paris-Bangkok has a very good -value for money- a la carte/set menu lunch... but I've never been there for dinner.

Edited by lazygourmet

When I said avoid indigo was not implying food is not good

But the op said no more than 500 bht per person

Indigo is one of the more expensive places I've eaten in the area. (I went for dinner, so no 'specials')

By the way, the steak is rather small (according to the friend who ordered it). Fish was good and good portion for me'. But will certainly cost more than 500 bht each