Tablet Pc'S

DLock

I'm interested in knowing more about the specifications for the Tablet PC's that PTP have promised...processor, memory, screen, battery, operating system, wifi...

The price appears to be around $150 each, which probably means a Chinese or maybe Indian existing product.

I want to know what type of software it will be capable of running.

If anyone knows, would appreciate it.

No one knows the spec yet including the Phua Thai government. But the above 'waylang' is probably over the Thai spec.... leaves more money for the politicians.

Edited by thaicbr

Nick Negroponte, MIT Media Lab supremo, has been hawking this "one laptop, one child' spiel for ages. I've seen him in person a few times. I think the target cost is $150 USD, and the models I've seen up close have a hand crank for power. I imagine somebody heard about this, realized it sounds 'populist' and proffered it as a platform issue?

Edited by lomatopo

And do not forget that they probably rig it so there is an import company in each province (to make it easier to supply) so that each politician gets their fair share of the loot...... no sorry ... to make it easier to supply. :D:D

Not forgetting that each politician as i speak is setting up their own electricians to install all the plug sockets at the schools (most cheap tablets only last about 4 hours).

Then of course once thats done the wifi needs to be installed... then they might finally get around to putting some EDUCATION software on them.

IF these tablets are still working after 6 months i would be VERY , VERY surprised.

They are giving them to Praton 1 for gods sake.

The tablet computers are almost as tall as the kids.. B) (not really but these kids are SMALL)