Kids Mountain Bikes In Bkk

Dag

Where is the best place to buy one....best selection, best prices ?

What budget? A serious bike or a toy bike?

Local Big or, Tesco Lotus have cheap bikes.

JJ Mall near Chatuchak has a store with mid range bikes. (limited range)

For serious bikes, Thanon Sarasin opposite Lumpini Park or the Outdoor Centre in Amarin Centre. (2nd floor at the back)

Or, more in keeping with this forum, a KLX125 at Kawasaki Rama IV (that'll put a smile on their face!)

Where is the best place to buy one....best selection, best prices ?

What budget? A serious bike or a toy bike?

Local Big or, Tesco Lotus have cheap bikes.

JJ Mall near Chatuchak has a store with mid range bikes. (limited range)

For serious bikes, Thanon Sarasin opposite Lumpini Park or the Outdoor Centre in Amarin Centre. (2nd floor at the back)

Or, more in keeping with this forum, a KLX125 at Kawasaki Rama IV (that'll put a smile on their face!)

Not a toy....I have a Trek and that cost 9k.....so maybe something like that kind of quality, but not that expensive hopefully for a kid.........around 4 to 5k I was hoping for.

Forgot....coming to town to shop, so dont have a lot of time and want to go straight to the best spot for the best selection for the right prices as limited time in town.

Probike at lumpini park have a small selection of Trek kiddies bikes.

yeah just saw there website...8/9k for a kids bike is a tad exy....I paid 9k for my Trek so certainly paying same for a kids one.

yes they are expensive but you are buying quality. I didn't even know you could buy an adult trek for 9000 baht. If that's not second hand i would guess that it is no more than a toy itself so i wouldn't bother buying anything more than a tesco/big c bike for your child. A very basic entry level Trek, (or any other recognized brand), would start at around 15,000.

basic hardtail branded mountain bikes start around 9k. i bought mine a GT Avalance 3.0 with disc brakes for 13k. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a bike to start biking. If you like the sport, you can always sell the bike, and get a better one.

yeah...LA is not really a great brand...it seems ok though....we have them in shops where we live with 8 gears i think for around the same and one had an alloy frame for 3500

Bugger me...harder than I thunked.

Probike had 2 kids trek bikes, to small and no gears and expensive to boot.

Cannondale up rama 4 way had only 2 bikes, both LA and 6500b.

Central chitlom used to have good bikes some time ago....none now.

Amarin plaza....no kids bikes at all.

Ram intra bike shop only had 'giant' brand and only 1 in stock.

Sad state of affairs......trying JJ tomorrow, if not will go to Saraburi where I bought my Trek and they had a lot of bikes....go figure.

• 1 month later...

The import duty on kid bikes, trailers etc. is 45%.

Probabely because local brands (like L.A.) have asked for protection.

Adult bikes are between 10 and 30 something %.

So that explaines why they are so expensive compared to adult bicycles.

On the other hand the Trek will save you a lot of time and money because they are fare better quality than the L.A.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one today....back home.

6k baht, disc brakes, alloy frame and rims, 24 giddyups.....

Congrats on finding the right bike for your child, I'm thinking of upgrading my 7 year olds LA hardtail(laugh) to something a little more nimble - the LA feels like it weights about the same as my Marin 20.5" :o My son loves it but it's funny watching him trying to lift the front wheel off the ground!

Do you have any pics for the bike? Specs?

Thanks!