F.e.a.r.

Jockstar

Does anyone know if F.E.A.R. the game is available in LOS yet? Or do you know when it will be? Need a new game and heard so much good things about this game. Jing jing or not. Would prefer a jing jing original. But whatever.

Not sure but i have read u need a beast to run it ie:P4 3.0, 1gb ram,GF 6800gt is still not enough to play it smooth :D what hardware do u guys have?? Its ment to be a great game though

:o Dublish

Does anyone know if F.E.A.R. the game is available in LOS yet? Or do you know when it will be? Need a new game and heard so much good things about this game. Jing jing or not. Would prefer a jing jing original. But whatever.

Not sure but i have read u need a beast to run it ie:P4 3.0, 1gb ram,GF 6800gt is still not enough to play it smooth :D what hardware do u guys have?? Its ment to be a great game though

Athlon 3000/64

Geforce FX 5900

160 GB HD

Is this enough? I think it might be. Can play HL2 and many new games.

FEAR has been out in the "usual"places for more than a week now

I just finished it over the weekend and had a great time - it is very atmospheric and the firefights are the best I've played.

Best FPS since HL2 but the most demanding specs for a game ever - even more than Battlefield 2. With your specs you might be ok on lowest settings. You'd need a geforce 6600 just for medium I'd wager

Now playing Quake 4 but it's so boring compared to FEAR - sure Quake looks nice but the enemy AI just rushes at you or does a simple sidestep. None of the AI working together to flush you out like in FEAR

wasn't able to find originals of FEAR or Q4 at TukCom in Pattaya on Tuesday :-(

FEAR has been out in the "usual"places for more than a week now

I just finished it over the weekend and had a great time - it is very atmospheric and the firefights are the best I've played.

Best FPS since HL2 but the most demanding specs for a game ever - even more than Battlefield 2. With your specs you might be ok on lowest settings. You'd need a geforce 6600 just for medium I'd wager

Now playing Quake 4 but it's so boring compared to FEAR - sure Quake looks nice but the enemy AI just rushes at you or does a simple sidestep. None of the AI working together to flush you out like in FEAR

FX5200 is in the minimal configuration with everything turned of unplayable (6-10 fps).

Like my old grandpas holidaypicture slideshow.....

Quake4 will be tested later this week.

Serious Sam 2 is working on a low speed system but it is boring....

Athlon 3000/64

Geforce FX 5900

160 GB HD

Is this enough? I think it might be. Can play HL2 and many new games.

Bouught it today but cant seem to get it working. Unpacked it(compressed file) and pressed install. All done. Read the read me file. Followed the instructions. But i keep getting wrong disc inserted error. Anyone got any ideas? Cant find a crack so i know its not that.

the copy protection is detecting virtual drive software (it also clashes with anyDVD)

You will need to install a program called virtualCDhide or download the crack from gamecopyworld

Also do not forget to right click on the FEAR desktop icon and set the program compatibility to Windows 2000 - this really helps as well

Edited by Ian_B

the copy protection is detecting virtual drive software (it also clashes with anyDVD)

You will need to install a program called virtualCDhide or download the crack from gamecopyworld

Also do not forget to right click on the FEAR desktop icon and set the program compatibility to Windows 2000 - this really helps as well

Fianlly got it working. Been playing it for about 30 minutes. It can be intense and spine chilling. And i've only just started.