Meds From Us

kid

I am posting this for a friend

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have any information on obtaining an "import permit from the FBA"?

I take a medication that is not available here an needs to be shipped to me via Fed Ex from the states. However, the provider of the med has told me that the medicine will be held in customs if I do not have this permit. I do not know what this permit is and would appreciate any information regarding and how to obtain.

Thanks,

Thanks for any help.

I take a medication that is not available here an needs to be shipped to me via Fed Ex from the states. However, the provider of the med has told me that the medicine will be held in customs if I do not have this permit. I do not know what this permit is and would appreciate any information regarding and how to obtain.

Thanks,

It's FDA not FBA and if the drug is not approved for use in Thailand, you won't be abletoget a permit. If it IS approved, it willstillbe an enormous hassle and delay.

This can all be avoided by avoiding Federal Express,which is absolutely the WORST way to ship anything to Thailand. Fed Ex is awful about customs matters.

Unless it has to be kept chilled, send it by ordinary air mail. But before going to all this trouble, are you really sureit's not available here? A number of very new drugs not available in pharmacies are available in the better hospitals here. For that matter, thereare a number of drugs that can be bought at pharmacies butonly from a registered pharmacist which most "drug stores"don't have...and when you ask the later for these drugs more often than not they simply say iti unavailale when in fact itis, at a pharmacy with a real pharmacist.

If you PM me with the nameof the drug I may be able to tell you more.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks,

It's FDA not FBA and if the drug is not approved for use in Thailand, you won't be abletoget a permit. If it IS approved, it willstillbe an enormous hassle and delay.

This can all be avoided by avoiding Federal Express,which is absolutely the WORST way to ship anything to Thailand. Fed Ex is awful about customs matters.

Unless it has to be kept chilled, send it by ordinary air mail. But before going to all this trouble, are you really sureit's not available here? A number of very new drugs not available in pharmacies are available in the better hospitals here. For that matter, thereare a number of drugs that can be bought at pharmacies butonly from a registered pharmacist which most "drug stores"don't have...and when you ask the later for these drugs more often than not they simply say iti unavailale when in fact itis, at a pharmacy with a real pharmacist.

If you PM me with the nameof the drug I may be able to tell you more.

Sheryl,

Thanks for the help I will pass it along