Pattaya Officially Changes Name To ‘The Infamous Seaside Resort Of Pattaya’

george

This is going to upset a lot of the expats who have been arguing so viciously that Pattaya in a nice sweet family friendly hamlet. It has been known for what it really is around the world for years. If Thais and local government official are telling you what it is really like then accept the facts. People from around the world flock to the place for the seady life there. You can argue black and blue that it is not but this is straight from the horses mouth.

didnt take long, did it ? :rolleyes:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believed it until I saw the "this shit sells" quote.

Didn't realise we got these things outside of April Fools.

The best part is reading the angry responses about how full of BS living in Thailand is!

biggrin.gif

Edited by DumFarang

This is going to upset a lot of the expats who have been arguing so viciously that Pattaya in a nice sweet family friendly hamlet. It has been known for what it really is around the world for years. If Thais and local government official are telling you what it is really like then accept the facts. People from around the world flock to the place for the seady life there. You can argue black and blue that it is not but this is straight from the horses mouth.

Softgeorge, this is disturbing. You're aware of a certain set of red letters at the top of the article aren't you?

blink.gif

Most excellent! :intheclub:

There ought to be a sweepstake about how long until this satire becomes (officially) reality. :coffee1:

Firstly, well done George a brilliant original post.

Secondly, though this is brilliant satire I worry that there must be some officials somewhere who can both read English and have no original ideas themselves who might think this is a good set of ideas.

How "old" is old and how high the balconies?

I am shocked and amazed......there is prostitution in Pattaya...:o

My I humbly suggest a few new TAT marketing initatives to get more tourists to Pattaya

Buy one, get one free.... goverment subsidised bar fines and bar loyalty cards....(every time a tourist partakes in the company of a lovely young lady at a specific bar, card is stamped, aquire 10 stamps and the 11th is free), McDonalds Pattaya branches could do something similar with their happy meals.

:D

Finally a mayor with a sense for reality. Isn't his dad (Somchai Khuenpluem) still a fugitive from the law?

To finally embrace Pattaya as place where most of businesses are directly or indirectly dependent on prostitution is as bold a move as it is smart. The truth shall set you free!

Perhaps it would be good for the Tourism Authority of Thailand to also finally admit the fact and cease TV commercials like "Pattaya, Pearl of the East. Enjoy!" and instead replace them with plainly inaccurate messages like "Pattaya, Gem of the Eastern Seaboard, where the polluted sea is going to strip the skin off your body and land-based vixens of any type will soothe you in amazing ways.".

But when have you ever encountered a government official who got it right in this country? Where are they holidaying anyway?

do you know what satire means? Its that large word written in red and bald in the beginning of OProlleyes.gif

Just in case you do not, Satire is A funny piece of writing that usually makes fun of foolish or evil behavior.

I'm not sure who's having the laugh here!!!!! Could be a double bluff just to get people going B)

I certainly wouldn't put my name to it though as people will associate this in a form of ridicule.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Here is what I propose to help keep TV members on their toes. Post more stories like this, but do not put little red letters at the top that say satire. Let the story run a few days, and let people guess whether it is true or not. Then rank members to see who is best at figuring which story is satire, or another true story in the Land of Amazing stories. After seeing some of the bizarre stories that have come out in the last year, this could be a tricky process..... :lol:

I bet the guys who write this have bets with each other on how many bites they get.

I would like to offer my material: I am Pattaya based permanently and have written professionally for three local publications. I have a fund (over 50) of humorous material about Thai/Farang relationships, each about 800 words long. I am looking for a wider audience.

• Like 1

I bet the guys who write this have bets with each other on how many bites they get.

I would like to offer my material: I am Pattaya based permanently and have written professionally for three local publications. I have a fund (over 50) of humorous material about Thai/Farang relationships, each about 800 words long. I am looking for a wider audience.

Wot!! Do you mean fat people????:huh:

Well post some the material on here and sure you will get great critique's from the esteemed members of TV.....BTW which school are you teaching in ?.....:whistling:

I hope this guy will become prime ministress one day.... he is on track!

If you are refering to the major he is already emminently qualified and has the de rigeur close family member as a fugitive from the law.

Here is what I propose to help keep TV members on their toes. Post more stories like this, but do not put little red letters at the top that say satire. Let the story run a few days, and let people guess whether it is true or not. Then rank members to see who is best at figuring which story is satire, or another true story in the Land of Amazing stories. After seeing some of the bizarre stories that have come out in the last year, this could be a tricky process..... :lol:

I actually like the fact that it says satire and you still get the serious responses.

laugh.gif

I believe 'Pattaya - the extreme city' was once an official or semi-official slogan for the city. It's a great slogan - I wish they'd retained it.

Am I right that as you leave Jomtien to go to Pattaya you pass under an arch over the road that still has this slogan? I think I glimpsed it one time.

Absolutely fantastic, being a novice here in Thailand,

I took it in hook line and sinker.

I bet the Mayor is extremely proud, he should be.

Throwing old foreigners off balconies.

Normally I would never consider to go to Pattaya, but this changes my mind.

Ii would like it if they could arrange exact times for these defenestrations.

I am sure people would pay good money

It's not as priceless as the article about Farang riots during the alcohol ban, but it will certainly do. Well done NTN.

laugh.gifclap2.gif

I agree :thumbsup:

It's become the monthly yawn. :o I think we should all have the rights to post drivel in the news section?

jb1