Dell Computers

techno

I bought a new dell 5110 Inspiron only last month and the driver has now completely failed. I called Dell and they will send an engineer to my house to repair under the warranty but l am wondering is this normal for a new Dell computer to fail in such a short period of time. I have had Compaq laptops for many years with no problems. Probably lost all my data as did not have chance to do a backup. Anyone had similar problems with Dell computers

Not sure what drive they use in that model - but it might or could be the same one used in the compaq or other brand. They install drives from other mfg dell does not make its own drives if I recall. At any rate a certain number fail and that normally happens sooner then later. So if they change it it is likely to be just fine going forward. You won the drive lotto.:jap:

l am wondering is this normal for a new Dell computer to fail in such a short period of time. I have had Compaq laptops for many years with no problems.

Obviously it's not "normal" otherwise Dell would be out of business. Unfortunately, things like this do happen from time to time.

Since yours is a new machine, I suggest RMA.

Edited by Supernova