More Resorts, Homes Found In Thai Forest Reserves

webfact

You must also remember which way the political wind is blowing.

Hi Stan,

One also must take into consideration who the actual "owner" is that is funding any of the projects.... Who is the constituent MP and / or who's "hometown" is it? Questions that I'm sure we would all like to know the answer...

Hi Stan,

One also must take into consideration who the actual "owner" is that is funding any of the projects.... Who is the constituent MP and / or who's "hometown" is it? Questions that I'm sure we would all like to know the answer...

Problem-we will never get the answers, we can only think this and speculate, like the VIPs that have built here. If posters could get more feedback from our comments it would be fruitful, but seemingly there is MOSTLY a brick wall between the topics and the posters. Is there no mediator or good link person/s to get this bit of feedback ??????? The national newspapers spew out these stories and seemingly have NO BALLS to get answers from the powers that be.

To my thinking Newspapers are one big lifeline to democracy, and should be asking all the right questions, and insisting on getting answers to publish. If answers are not forthcoming PUBLISH the fact and name the people to shame them in HEADLINES=yes front page if warranted.

Silence is cowardly and progress is limited.

It's CRAZY to me to see these articles day after day in "The Nation" and not once, as best I can recall, did any of them ever broach the question or give any explanation, or even put the question to RFD authorities....

How did all these relatively recently built places get there in the first place while you were supposedly overseeing these areas???

BTW, re the elderly woman/local resident complaining above about having lived on her land for decades, I believe the RFD has already said their actions aren't aimed at any landowner or development that was in place PRIOR to the forestry land use restrictions being made law, in 1998 or so, from what I recall reading.

Hi Stan,

One also must take into consideration who the actual "owner" is that is funding any of the projects.... .

No real big names. A couple of local politicians but no major politician / businessman

On a total of around 700 resorts, there are no more than 10-20 "big" resorts, mostly on the road to Khao Yai. The vast majority are Mom & Pop resorts with just a few basics bungalows

Who is the constituent MP

Nobody famous. He's BJT but I don't think it's really relevant here.

I may be wrong but I don't think it's something personal. It's more about the control of the area.

Edited by JurgenG