Corned Beef Sandwich

butterisbetter

The corned beef is excellent, but the sandwich is much smaller and much cheaper than the Carnegie Deli in New York. It comes with tasty cole slaw and slices of deli pickle and is a pretty good meal. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I am pretty sure that they are. Is salt beef pickled in brine? Well, there is always Google:

Corned beef (US) or salt beef (UK) are types of salt-cured beef products present in many beef-eating cultures. The English term is used interchangeably in modernity to refer to three distinct types of cured beef:

Wet-cured in spiced brine products are more supple and tender due to the brining, and in modern times, is usually made from brisket or round steak.[1]

Dry-cured with granular salt beef is much drier and firmer in texture, even after rehydration, and can be made from various cuts of beef.

Canned minced salted meat is ground salted beef that is crumbly and oily, and made from various portions of beef.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corned_beef

Yup, had one today. Just great. I asked for a little side of sauerkraut and I put that on the sandwich -- kind of like a reuben sandwich but with fewer calories. I had the meal for lunch and I'm still not hungry, six hours later!