Swedish National Nabbed near Hua Hin On 100 Million Baht Fraud Case

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it with us Swedes this week? Seems like a lot of us want to give us a bad reputation in Thailand. But this guy's family name is not Swedish, so perhaps not that bad after all, he's just another import I guess.

Does playing the ethnic game, help with bruised feelings and facilitate denial? The person's family may have emigrated to Sweden generations ago, the same as Swedes immigrated to North America. When someone born with a Swedish name in west armpit USA commits a crime, would you claim ownership for this fellow because he has a Swedish name? The accused's grandfather could have been of Italian extraction, but he was born and raised in Sweden. Big deal. The crime was of Swedish origin and the accused is a Swedish national.

Considering the large numbers of Swedish visitors and nationals in Thailand, it is to be expected that there will be a few criminals in the mix as well. This is hardly an indication of the general Swedish population in Thailand as they are usually responsible law abiding visitors. A couple of nasty people in the news over the past few days is not a reflection of the overall quality of Swedish people in Thailand. So no worries, ok.

Well, Tartagni is not a swedish name. Though Carl Gustav is. Tartagni sounds italian to me.

Not much in a name anymore as people have immigrated all across the globe. One of the most common family names in Australia is NGUYEN. (Asian origin Viet/Chinese)

Well, Tartagni is not a swedish name. Though Carl Gustav is. Tartagni sounds italian to me.

Not much in a name anymore as people have immigrated all across the globe. One of the most common family names in Australia is NGUYEN. (Asian origin Viet/Chinese)

A foreign criminal by any name has no place in Thailand.

It is embarrasing to be Scandinavian (...): and Thai bashing for whatever reason related to a criminal in Scandinavia caught here demonstrates truly bad taste, and a need/desire to be superior (whatever). Just accept (assuming this and the on-going Phuket affair are correctly reported) that some people with rather inferior motives, also from Scandinavia, are using Thailand as an escape ... - too bad as this rubs off on us all !<br>N<br>

russians in pattaya and now swedish in hua hin. what is thailand coming to :lol:

Prachuab Khiri Khan ;)

and where do you think hua hin is?

Close to Cha-Am where I used to live. Not suggesting that they should have said Cha-Am mind ... Prachuab Khiri Khan would have been enough. Slack journalism to call Prachuap, Hua Hin ,imo.

Or to put it another way, to know the map isn't the same as knowing the territory ?

Edited by chutai

What is it with us Swedes this week? Seems like a lot of us want to give us a bad reputation in Thailand. But this guy's family name is not Swedish, so perhaps not that bad after all, he's just another import I guess.

Does playing the ethnic game, help with bruised feelings and facilitate denial? The person's family may have emigrated to Sweden generations ago, the same as Swedes immigrated to North America. When someone born with a Swedish name in west armpit USA commits a crime, would you claim ownership for this fellow because he has a Swedish name? The accused's grandfather could have been of Italian extraction, but he was born and raised in Sweden. Big deal. The crime was of Swedish origin and the accused is a Swedish national.

Considering the large numbers of Swedish visitors and nationals in Thailand, it is to be expected that there will be a few criminals in the mix as well. This is hardly an indication of the general Swedish population in Thailand as they are usually responsible law abiding visitors. A couple of nasty people in the news over the past few days is not a reflection of the overall quality of Swedish people in Thailand. So no worries, ok.

Please read and re-read until this sinks in.

Just like you are here I guess.

what's wrong with Swedish ? 2 killed a third one in phuket and now this case ? :rolleyes:

You ask what's wrong with a nation of millions of people based upon 4 Swedish individuals. Talk about a broad-sweeping generality.

What is wrong with my countrymen? I'm so proud to be Swedish..... Not

Uff Da! A bad week for the Svenske is always a good week and cause for celebration for the Norske, a group who have had their own troubles recently.

Where there's money there's an arrest.

The one that dun it.

No point in fitting some one up for that as you'd never get near the money. So the villain has to be caught. Then the Thais can steal the stolen money and they move onto to the next one. hence Thailand is Fraud hub of Asia.

No doubt after years of 'ignoring' him while collecting their 'tea money' Interpol finally exerts enough pressure to make the BIB get off there widening &lt;deleted&gt; and make the arrest. Only choice now to lift the remaining millions, claim it's gone who knows where, and all buy bigger houses and newer cars.

But murder.

Well that's a different story.

No money trail so fit someone up, keep the Thais scot free, usually all 12 of them who just this week murdered a Swede and then beat up 2 Dutch guys. And they say it comes in threes so I'd recommend staying home next week.

Remember: no money so fit someone up and move on. Crime solved.

Next.

Wow, just wow.

Who wants a job? with 100 million baht in your bank account!!!!!!!!

3M USD over 9 years, 300k USD / year. That's not bad, but hardly super rich either.

And if he was thinking he was rich in the beginning, it's easy to imagine that it's all gone now. The guy might very well be broke at this point.

Edited by nikster

This guy looks flamilar, I think I had a argument with him on the golf course at one time, he was an arragant SOB, great now They'll ship him back to Sweden, one less MFA_sshole on the courses here in Hua Hin.:thumbsup:

LOL Not for long. He'll get a few years in a Swedish prison and be back in no time...:rolleyes:

Swedish Nationals. Who knew?

Hello all Farangs in Thailand

Now this guy got caught and why took it so long? How many people he cheated from hacking into the Banking system 9 years ago? Do we know what happen to the European people whom he cheated ? I myself feel for them. I will not live near by his house and believe me many people will feel the same. At last there is justice for the Cause of his crime.

For the jobs in Thailand if anyone does according to the Thai Laws then I do not see any trouble. Do thing right and everything will be alright no matter where you stay. My take and opinion.

This guy looks flamilar, I think I had a argument with him on the golf course at one time, he was an arragant SOB, great now They'll ship him back to Sweden, one less MFA_sshole on the courses here in Hua Hin.:thumbsup:

LOL Not for long. He'll get a few years in a Swedish prison and be back in no time...:rolleyes:

It is not fair if he gets out so fast. People whom he cheated need to do more. Well Money talks and something needs to be done. My opinion.

I feel for your and unfortunately you encountered him around the golf course. I bet that day you felt lousy and upset. Hope he will be in jail for long. I have no idea about the Swedish system and will have to read more from Google. My take.

I feel for your and unfortunately you encountered him around the golf course. I bet that day you felt lousy and upset. Hope he will be in jail for long. I have no idea about the Swedish system and will have to read more from Google. My take.

Was it the LAke View? Ithought he looks famuiliar too.

Just a bad publicity day for Swedes. Every country has their bad apples but I wouldn't think any less of any nationality especially Swedes just because of the bad press. The good news is the relevant authorities are actually cooperating. The bad news is like many other people on TV have noted Thailand is becoming a haven for foreign criminal elements. Countries need to get their immigration/criminal record databases updated and interconnected.

Just a bad publicity day for Swedes. Every country has their bad apples but I wouldn't think any less of any nationality especially Swedes just because of the bad press. The good news is the relevant authorities are actually cooperating. The bad news is like many other people on TV have noted Thailand is becoming a haven for foreign criminal elements.

Countries need to get their immigration/criminal record databases updated and interconnected.

-> Uh, no thanks to that.

Look at our politicians. Who in their right mind would give the group of societies' biggest idiots more power?

It is not fair if he gets out so fast. People whom he cheated need to do more. Well Money talks and something needs to be done. My opinion.

You are absolutely right but a Swedish woman got just 4 years last month for swindling about $9 million so....

Edited by EJW

he steals 100 million baht and they put "he has no job here" ... why would he...

and specially, how could he be here for 9 years? they did not scan his passport when entering the country ? I tought that was a waterproof system

how did he get the 100 million baht into thailand ?

Swedish Nationals. Who knew?

That's what it appears to be and even more of them in Sweden. At least that's what the report quotes

"The Swedish national is a wanted suspect charged with conspired with bank officials in Sweden to hack the banking system, changing purchase orders of bank clients' accounts and transfering their money into his own bank account, causing damage to several companies in Scandinavian countries, valued at 20 million krona or about Bt100 million.

I wonder how many officials are involved?:huh: And they must have agreed to put it all into his account.