Wedding Dresses

natalie8

Greetings, ladies. I'm getting married next March and I'm looking for wedding dresses now. I live in Bangkok and I'd like to have recommendations on good wedding shops. I've been to a couple but no luck. I've seen shops along Lad Prao, but I haven't gone to them yet.

Another question, am I better to rent or to buy the dress? The wedding will be in Phuket. Thanks. :o

In Bangkok , the good wedding shop and the best designer is Kai Boutique:address 2fl.Penisula Plaza Rajdumri rd. Tel.02-652-1061-3

But it's very expensive...> start at 50k.

The other one is Kalawin ..You can visit at www.kalawinfashion.com

You can rent , buy or made by order.Any what you want..

Greetings, ladies. I'm getting married next March and I'm looking for wedding dresses now. I live in Bangkok and I'd like to have recommendations on good wedding shops. I've been to a couple but no luck. I've seen shops along Lad Prao, but I haven't gone to them yet.

Another question, am I better to rent or to buy the dress? The wedding will be in Phuket. Thanks.  :o

There is a very fancy looking wedding shop in the same building as Oishi in Thonglor, just a short walk (and on the same side of the road) as the Witches Tavern. No idea about prices, but considering the neighbourhood, probably not cheap.

You didn't actually mention if it was a traditional, white, western style wedding dress you were looking for (I assume it was), but how about going for a Thai costume instead? My wife had a 2 loverly dresses made in Bangkok for our wedding for less than a western costume would cost. Just an idea.....

If you are interested, I can get you the name of the tailor - she has a small shop in Sukhumvit Soi 23, halfway up to the university. She did a great job, and has an amazing range of styles and materials to choose from.

WS

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I was looking for the traditional white dress, but I like your idea, whiteshiva. My fiance is Thai and we're having our reception / party on Kata beach in Phuket. I like the idea of traditional Thai. I'll check that out.

LOL

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I was looking for the traditional white dress, but I like your idea, whiteshiva. My fiance is Thai and we're having our reception / party on Kata beach in Phuket. I like the idea of traditional Thai. I'll check that out.

LOL

Ooooops. I was logged in as toastwars. :o

LOL

Ooooops. I was logged in as toastwars. :D

Tell him we said Hi. :o

cv

All the Thai weddings I have been to (and they are alot) the bride has worn the traditional gown in the morning for the ceremony with the family and a white wedding gown at the afternoon reception/dinner.

So, best option, have two! Most women rent theirs (makes sense to me) but I imagine you could get one made to order (buy one of those Bride magazines for design ideas) to a spec you like.

LOL

PM me if you want me to find the address of the tailor my wife used.

Good luck, and congratulations!

WS

• 5 months later...