Writing An E-Book...Anyone Know Stuff ?

Dag

Anyone have some experience with this ?

I have all the text written in 'Word' and need to do a few things to it, just want to know in what order and best way to do it all.

I wanted it to be done for the Kindle format, but believe they have issues with colour photos as the Kindle book reader is just B&W.

I need to add about 90 photos to it and want to know when to do it and any issues/problems etc.

I also want to convert it somewhere along the way to PDF.

What are the best ways to do all this, best options, other formats more suitable etc.

Thanks

Anyone ??

First download Calibre. It converts between most ebook formats and is one of the few ebook utils that lets you edit metadata properly.

Then search through the various ebook forums for discussions on best formats for pictures and file formats for various ebook readers.

Anybody that has actually done it I would like to hear how you did it successfully step by step if possible.

I have read the Kindle steps, but does not go into photo adding or answer other queries.

Also been to a couple of forums and there is so much contradictory info that you get lost in it, i do anyway.

I am not a tech head or comp literate person, so following the 'KISS' method works best for me and if anyone else has completed one successfully....then best to learn by actual experience.

As I said, I have it currently in 'Word' format, so want to know where to go next......also the pro's and con's of doing it with Kindle re the colour pics ?

Thanks.

IMHO the main problem is the presence of color pictures.

My guess the best format should be PDF

You know what, I had the same thoughts myself after reading some of the problems and hassles.

I was thinking to offer it on the website as a PDF and as a Kindle E-book thingy......so you could choose which.

Thing is as I have no idea if someone downloads it as a PDF....can they convert it themselves to read in any of these electronic book gizmos ??

GFL.....I dont need a publisher for it....or an agent....its something I am doing myself.