Getting Married In Pattaya

diandunc

Hello everyone,

we are an English couple who are getting married on 15th Feb 2006.

Trying to arrange a dj - abba/motown/70's/80's/90's stuff and a florist to dress the venue

could you recommend anyone?

our budget for flowers is 28000 baht - is that enough?

been quoted 30000 for a dj - which seems a little OTT

Please help - any info would be appreciated. :o

Hello everyone,

we are an English couple who are getting married on 15th Feb 2006.

Trying to arrange a dj - abba/motown/70's/80's/90's stuff and a florist to dress the venue

could you recommend anyone?

our budget for flowers is 28000 baht - is that enough?

been quoted 30000 for a dj - which seems a little OTT

Please help - any info would be appreciated.  :D

28,000 Baht for flowers? :o

I actually have no idea of such costs but that seems way too much.

As for the DJ at 30,000, I think someone must be having a laugh.

How much do you envisage spending on the whole event?

We're all set for a wedding on a resort at Jomtien, but the resort has quoted silly money (like you say 28 000 seems to us at least to be plenty!) As it's a beach wedding we need a flower arch to get married under and button holes for the 20 guests, bouquet for the bride and some flowers for the venue.

As for the DJ, well it was again the resort who quoted that figure and we KNOW that is over the top and simply wont pay it.

Any suggestions ?? :o

28,000 Baht for flowers? :o

I actually have no idea of such costs but that seems way too much.

I don't know about weddings or arrangements or lilies or other flowers but I do know that a single long stem red or pink rose in decent condition costs 5 baht from a street vendor. Bought in bulk 28.000 baht would surely get you at least 6K roses. Heaped in a big pile in the middle of the room might make them an impressive "arrangement".

Name the resort so we can put it on our ripoff lists!!!

We're all set for a wedding on a resort at Jomtien, but the resort has quoted silly money (like you say 28 000 seems to us at least to be plenty!) As it's a beach wedding we need a flower arch to get married under and button holes for the 20 guests, bouquet for the bride and some flowers for the venue.

As for the DJ, well it was again the resort who quoted that figure and we KNOW that is over the top and simply wont pay it.

Any suggestions ?? :o

Thanks everyone!

I think I now know that the resort was over pricing - its hard to judge because although we visit 2/3 times a year we have obviously never had to use a florist (to this extent) or a dj......... it's strange because the resort has been very good on other issues and prices.

Noel - looking to spend 245 000 baht (IN TOTAL)

Peter - much appreciated, it looks as though "home-flower" will be able to help.

Snoop - As I said above, the resort has been very fair on other prices and therefore - for now at least - I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt

DJ Pat - got your PM my friend and your price will be fine (getting in touch with the resort today to let them know that they dont need to supply the DJ) We'll be in touch very soon.

fxm88 - We'll bare the roses idea in mind......... :o

Thanks again everyone, we can't tell you how much we appreciate the help.

Are you all locals living in Pattaya???

PS. How much is it for a bottle of champagne in the off-licenses out there?

Thanks everyone!

I think I now know that the resort was over pricing - its hard to judge because although we visit 2/3 times a year we have obviously never had to use a florist (to this extent) or a dj......... it's strange because the resort has been very good on other issues and prices.

Noel - looking to spend 245 000 baht (IN TOTAL)

Peter - much appreciated, it looks as though "home-flower" will be able to help.

Snoop - As I said above, the resort has been very fair on other prices and therefore - for now at least - I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt

DJ Pat - got your PM my friend and your price will be fine (getting in touch with the resort today to let them know that they dont need to supply the DJ) We'll be in touch very soon.

fxm88 - We'll bare the roses idea in mind......... :D

Thanks again everyone, we can't tell you how much we appreciate the help.

Are you all locals living in Pattaya???

PS. How much is it for a bottle of champagne in the off-licenses out there?

I got married in the Marriott here, i'm sure it will be cheaper than what you've quoted. :o

I don't know about weddings or arrangements or lilies or other flowers but I do know that a single long stem red or pink rose in decent condition costs 5 baht from a street vendor. Bought in bulk 28.000 baht would surely get you at least 6K roses. Heaped in a big pile in the middle of the room might make them an impressive "arrangement".

I remember you MEMBER fxm88!

Aren't you that troll-admin from the Cambodian teachers website (Irate & Co)?

If i remember rightly, you said Thaivisa website is for losers and boozers, other?

Yet here you are! Words are truly meaningless, are they not my teacher friend?

I'm sure your postings are much better than the usual fluff U posted back then?

Weren't you banned from Thaivisa 4 profanity & vulgarity once 2 years earlier?

DCQ :o

Some florists with websites & Emails....

http://www.pattayaflorist.com (only simple flower delivery service)

http://www.sandra-florist.com/

http://www.home-flower.com/ (personally good experience with)

Actually their are some prof. companies who help in all arrangements, but cant find any info yet....

Good luck

Peter

Sorry for earlier comments re this fxm member! Seems he's switched sides!

Thanx Jomtien very much for recommending the florist websites. Very useful!

DCQ

As a matter of fact... no. The closest I ever came to teaching was when I accompanied a friend to a poor, rural Thai school. After the requisite "Good morning teacher [it was afternoon]...How are you...Am fine, thank you" I was at a loss. I couldn't even get them to sing Do ron ron's for me. And that just about wrapped it up for my teaching career.
If i remember rightly, you said Thaivisa website is for losers and boozers, other?
You'll get no disagreement from me there. ;-)
As a matter of fact I was banned -- and let's be honest, who hasn't been -- but for an entirely different matter.

As a matter of fact... no. The closest I ever came to teaching was when I accompanied a friend to a poor, rural Thai school. After the requisite "Good morning teacher [it was afternoon]...How are you...Am fine, thank you" I was at a loss. I couldn't even get them to sing Do ron ron's for me. And that just about wrapped it up for my teaching career.
You'll get no disagreement from me there. ;-)
As a matter of fact I was banned -- and let's be honest, who hasn't been -- but for an entirely different matter.

So if these are your opinions fxm88 why bother posting here? :o

Edited by davethailand

Dave, What did you pay at the marriot? you can PM me if you dont wish to reveal publicly....but we'd appreciate it - when we looked at the marriot it was way out of our price range.

Did you have as many guests? - we've got around 20.

I think flowers were around 25000 - 30000bht

ice statues, buffet was i think 600 - 800 per head excluding alcohol,

Can't remember exactly but it was certainly less than 200k, well worth it also, beautifully done. :o (i'll try to find the info)

• 3 years later...