Is My Apartment A Good Deal In Bangkok?

DannyDavis

Hello everyone, I'll be staying in Thailand for the next five months to go to Bangkok University.  Right now I'm staying in a studio apartment about ten minutes away from the Thong Lo BTS line (I'm in the Khlon Toei District).  I have a single bed with a bathroom.  The place comes with a swimming pool, sauna, and a gym; as well a restaurant downstairs that serves delicious Thai food that you can have sent up to your room.  Right now I'm paying 8,000 THB a month and I need to know whether or not this is a good deal.  Originally I thought I was paying too much for too little, but after looking at the accommodation resources on this website I'm having second thoughts.  Can anyone give me their honest opinion?

I think it depends on your definition of a good deal. I have friends who live in On-Nut, and they pay the same price for a proper one bedroom, with the same amenities. But they're farther out of town, and the area isn't as nice in my opinion.

Where I live, it's possible to get a proper one bedroom for a bit more, maybe 9,000, but again, I think it's all about location. If you're happy, then you've got a good deal!

I pay 13k for a 1 bedroom close to Victory monument its nice has a pool cable internet golf cart parking and I do not have to pay easyhomes blood money since they seem to want their pound of flesh for every rental in the city. It would be nice if companies like that would just go away and stop adding that extra cost to every person looking for a place.

I pay 13k for a 1 bedroom close to Victory monument its nice has a pool cable internet golf cart parking and I do not have to pay easyhomes blood money since they seem to want their pound of flesh for every rental in the city. It would be nice if companies like that would just go away and stop adding that extra cost to every person looking for a place.

I had the same problem with them, but I walked away early thinking something was up with their company.

Danny, I think you have a deal.

Sounds ok, not a bargain but not a rip off. For 5 months probably not worth moving unless you don't like it or it's really small. Also if by single bed you mean the size and not the number of beds, you should have a bigger one for the amount you're paying.

OP here. I made a new account because I don't like my FB account being in the public like this. Right now I'm not sure if I am happy with my current situation because I don't have any experiences to compare it to. This is my first time renting an apartment.

Let me try to phrase this another way. For 8,000 THB a month what is the most you could probably get in Bangkok that is reasonably close to the nearest BTS (motorcycle taxi optional)? If it's not much more than what I'm currently getting that I will save myself the headache of searching for a new apartment.

What about 16,000 THB a month? (I might find someone who is willing to share an apartment with me; I would love to have a furnished apartment with a living room)

I think it depends on your definition of a good deal. I have friends who live in On-Nut, and they pay the same price for a proper one bedroom, with the same amenities. But they're farther out of town, and the area isn't as nice in my opinion.

Where I live, it's possible to get a proper one bedroom for a bit more, maybe 9,000, but again, I think it's all about location. If you're happy, then you've got a good deal!

edit: oops, sorry, I thought you were the OP, this post can be deleted

Edited by ayayay