New Model Vigo To Be Announced At 2005 Motor Expo?

Paragon

Hi,

I was planning to buy a Vigo. However, the dealer said that the colour/model I want is not available in Stock. So I said I would wait. Then later she said that that colour/model will not be manufactured ever again. That sounded strange. The only way I could imagine that would be true is if there was going to be a new model change. When I asked her that, she said YES there would be a new model of Vigo and it will be announced at 2005 Motor Expo in December but it is only a new 4x2 model (and I want 4x4). This all sounds a bit strange. Anybody have any insight?

What Vigo Spec are you after? top spec comes only in black/silver/blue/gold. Both auto and manual boxes.

They stopped making the petrol versions I think though.

There will be a minor change coming up soon, a few headlight tweaks etc. Nothing major, and probably the Fortuner 2WD version will be out soon too.

Thanks for your info. It is interesting and valuable to me.

I was planning to get the 4WD Petrol (2.7) X-Cab (2 door) Auto Trans in Black.

If I recall correctly the 4WD does have the option to put into 2WD. So, would a 2WD version get significantly better gas milage than a 4WD that is normally driven in 2WD mode?

And it is expected they will discontinue ALL petro Vigos?

Lastly, anybody have confirmed info about when the minor change will be introduced? Will it be at MotorShow in Dec? Any spy photos anywhere on the web or specific info about what will be changed?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your info.  It is interesting and valuable to me.

If I recall correctly the 4WD does have the option to put into 2WD.  So, would a 2WD version get significantly better gas milage than a 4WD that is normally driven in 2WD mode?

And it is expected they will discontinue ALL petro Vigos? 

Lastly, anybody have confirmed info about when the minor change will be introduced?  Will it be at MotorShow in Dec?  Any spy photos anywhere on the web or specific info about what will be changed?

Thanks a lot.

Black is (or was?) only available with the 3.0L engine.

The Vigo that you were planning to buy has indeed already been phased out. I think the black that you wanted is available in the 2.7 benzine version, although you can only obtain black on the "G" spec. The reason for the lack of interest in the vehicle is because it is benzine, and not diesel. I think that you have had a lucky escape!! Imagine how difficult it would have been to re-sell.

I was disappointed that the 2 door 4x4 diesel wasn't available in auto trans when I bought mine last month. If they bring out a 2door diesel auto 4x4 I'd definately buy one. Having said that my manual Vigo is fine most of the time, except in Bangers' stop start traffic.

If anyone is interested in a 2door 4x4 auto 2.7 benzine in silver, there has been one for sale sitting in Ramkamhaeng unsold for the last 6months. Just shows how unpopular they are.

Rick.

Thanks for your info.  It is interesting and valuable to me.

If I recall correctly the 4WD does have the option to put into 2WD.  So, would a 2WD version get significantly better gas milage than a 4WD that is normally driven in 2WD mode?

Even when switched off the 4WD linkage system is still heavy. It's the extra weight that makes the difference. Although in 2WD mode a 4WD will use less fuel, a 2WD only machine will be lighter and that little bit more efficient as a result.

The Fortuner doesn't have an option to switch to 2WD as far as I know.